Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 cts performance coupe
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm in the right forum. I have a 14 cts coupe. I have had the vtc installed for a few months and love it/no issues. Well, today I took out for semi spirited run to lunch. I was very low on fuel as well. I put in manual mode and got on it, shifted to 2nd and then the old age kicked in and deluded to let itself shift into 3rd (while still in manual mode) so of course the rev limiter licked in and cut power. Not sure if just then but very shortly after this I noticed the check engine light on, refused power and service stability track lights on. Wouldn't think that low fuel (maybe ducked air) nor would I think hitting the limiter as that's why its there. Have seen a few threads about the vtc throwing codes etc...
Anyways, I parked it at work. After I got back in I started it up and all is fine but the check engine light us still on. I'm going to check everything that I can but U.S. there a away to reset I.e unplug battery ir a fuse pull (which one?).
I want to try this before I remove the vtc and take it in. If I can get back to normal then I can try again and see if it is the vtc or was related to the fans or over rev.
Any help on resetting would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2008 CTS Base Manual Tran
553 Posts
Take it to Autozone, Oriley, Advanced or another auto parts store and have them read the code for you. Post back with the code and you will probably be more likely to get some good advice on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts