Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One good thing about the VR is it has a very nice sense of humor . whenever I call of a command , the nice lady replies " Pardon " or a different command which makes the kids in the back seat explodes in laughter :bouncy: – This is definitely an option that is only available in STS :thumbsup:
Anyway , hope they will find a solution soon , but meantime can you please list what are the most useful commands that you guys are using and are working fine with you ? :highfive:

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
This is the best thread of the day! Nothing is more frustrating than hearing the "bitch in the box" say "pardon". I learned right away to save myself from getting an ulcer and just do not use the feature. I have almost forgotten that the car has VR.

Mark

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
Dealer has had my car for a week now, and this is one of the problems they're trying to address. So far they've replaced the radio and the microphones for VR and OnStar to no avail....They're as frustrated with the whole thing as we are, and GM is giving them no direction at all. One of the techs told me GM has issued a TSB documenting the problem but offered no solutions.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I always like to call her names, she answers so politely and it just cracks me up!
I won't repeat what I say, I don't want anyone to think I am verbally abusing their car. ;)

GM pretty much tells us that if we speak ANY command and the computer understands it then the system is in working order and we are not to do anything. There are instances where there could be a problem with the disk (if we are talking navigation VR) because the computer checks the sound pattern against what is on the disc, if it can't read it then it has problems with the compare and it thinks you are speaking gibberish.

Good luck

·
Registered
'06 STS V8 RWD - Black Raven/Cashmere - no ACC
316 Posts
HUH...!!!

very strange... all people are frustrated from the VR... I thought I will be so before I got my '06 STS... but in fact, i'm not...

I'm not having any problem with my VR... Well, sometimes I get this "pardon"... but most of the time it goes OK... CD commands, Navigation, Windows, Phone...

maybe it depends on the accent... try to speak in a different way.. something like a Spanish or Arab speaking English :p... who knows, it might work...

Good luck

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi AscariSTS

Glad to hear that you are satisfied . can you please list what are the most functional commands that you are using

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
Dealer tried that on my 05, they swiped the disc from an 06 after replacing the microphones in my car, and it still isn't working.

·
Registered
2006 STS V6
230 Posts
I would say VR works 90% of the time in my 1 week old STS. The most frustrating command is the CD command. "CD" or CD" on" or CD about anything is interpreted as system heat 85 or radio DSP talk, or navigation Italian restaurant, etc (some commands I didn't even know the car could do!). I will say at first the system could not even hear my commands, but that was due to the dealer trying to pass off a copied DVD instead of an original.I use the phone and nav commands the most and have had very little trouble.

·
Registered
'06 STS V8 RWD - Black Raven/Cashmere - no ACC
316 Posts
Hi nasser,

Be aware that the VR is sensitive to:

1- voice tone

2- low or high voice

3- accent

The thing is... you can choose the language or in other words the language of the VR... so don't select UK and speak US english... or the other way around

I'll tell you my simple experience with it :p... My little brother speaks english exactly like me.. but the system can hardly understand him... simply because his tone is different (childish).. it can understand him but not that easy.. one of my friends also found some problems, that was because of his accent...

What you can do is.. Speak like those men in commercials :p... see any Cadillac commercial and listen to that guy speaking.. get his tone and accent.. go apply in your STS.. see the result :)

I'm not kiddin.. it really works flawless with voices the are VERY MATURE... My father doesn't get any "pardons" because he has a very mature voice

for the most used commands aammm.. I just got my car, not even completed a week yet.. so i still didn't get a complete knowledge of all voice commands.. but up to this moments I use:

- CD commands (works good but sometimes it hears "eject" instead of "select")

- Windows up, down (Works perfectly)

- help menus (works perfectly)

- Phone commands and numbers (very good)

- navigation show commands like "i'm hungry", "gas station", etc. (perfect)

Anyways even those working perfect still there are some "Pardons"

I haven't used any of radio and AC commands yet

I just wish I can use some disabled functions while driving

good luck :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts