Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Which wheel on black coupe?

• Wheel as is

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Outer rim brushed aluminum

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Outer rim matches center

Votes: 4 17.4%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1958 Coupe DeVille
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a raven black coupe and yellow calipers, which wheel option would you vote for. Option 1 = Wheel as shown, Option 2 = brushed aluminum outer, Option 3 = flat black outer. Center is to stay flat black in all 3 options. Cecil......

·
Registered
2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V Coupe
527 Posts
I like the way you think. I'm thinking of going a similar route on my TG coupe. I voted for the color-matched lip. Would you consider going gloss black on the lip?

·
Registered
2011 Sedan
15 Posts
I like Option 1 as shown. The outer matches the chrome on the car and it's a lot easier to hide a scuff mark (god forbid that happens) on a chrome/polished lip then it is on a painted one. I'm looking at the same setup on my '11 black sedan.

·
Registered
1958 Coupe DeVille
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like Option 1 as shown. The outer matches the chrome on the car and it's a lot easier to hide a scuff mark (god forbid that happens) on a chrome/polished lip then it is on a painted one. I'm looking at the same setup on my '11 black sedan.
Your right about the scuff marks. I never thought about that. Sometime the curb will move and slam into the wheel. Cecil...........

·
Registered
206 Posts
Cecil,

See, I'm glad I posted the pic of the Forgeline's in your other thread.

I would go with the way it's pictured. Either a chrome or polished lip will never go out of style.

It's just a matter of time before the "colored" lips are history.

PS: All the guys on Corvette Forum get their Forgeline's from a certain vendor. PM me if you need the info to comparative shop.

·
Registered
2013 Thunder Gray Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
197 Posts
That was the wheel i was going to get had I not got the ones I have in a deal I couldnt refuse! Those wheels as-is are SWEET!!!!

DO NOT gloss the lip black unless you're going for that blacked out look. I love the break up of the black with the brushed lip.

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
If you are going to keep your trim chrome, get the chrome lip. But if you black that stuff out, then get the gloss black lip.

Mark

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V LPE 630
209 Posts
how much are these for the V?
They look like Forgeline DE3P's in which case a set of 20's will set you back $6,000, probably closer to $7,000 by the time you get through with "options".

OP - All black baby. I'd do gloss, I did Matte on my black C6Z and wish I had done gloss afterwards.

·
Registered
2010 white diamond sedan, 6MT,all options. 641 RWHP/592 RWTQ
354 Posts
I like option 1 with the chrome lip. Both look good tho and will be a good choice either way u go.

·
Performance Enthusiast
2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550
479 Posts
#1. Opt for the polished lip instead of chrome. Why? Curb rash and damage is easy and least costly to repair than a chrome rim that mustr be refinished to repair damage. Just something to think about. Forgeline produces well made wheels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts