Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What area is best for (Inter)National Meet?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I voted Tampa because the founder of this here fine place resides there as well as a good number of my pals. But I will be in attendance anywhere even if the meet was held in a Winn-Dixie parking lot in Hell, Michigan. :histeric:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Dang, none are very close to me. How about someone adding Phoenix, Houston or San Diego, then I could drive my Eldorado. I guess I'll vote for Vegas though.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Vegas is the same as san diego from az isnt it?
Somewhat, accually Vegas is a bit shorter, but I don't like to drive in Vegas! San Diego is a bit farther, but it feels shorter for some odd reason.

I might go it it was in Vegas, but not in December, January, Febuary, or March; those are the PRIME months in Arizona (thats why I moved here!)!

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
If it's in Vegas I promise to show up with a 12 second or better 75 Deville. There's a 1/4 mile track about 30 min away from the strip apparently but I'm not sure it's ever open for test and tune... which brings me to the point I'm not sure we even have any/enough Vegas members to pull this off. Voted Vegas anyway.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Jesda said:
I voted for Vegas because I could stop by on my way to Washington.

Detroit? Are we bringing armed security?
LOL!

I heard when Jeremy Clarkson went to test the Ford GT in Detroit they gave him an amred police guard....

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Hey now no Detroit bashing!! But, in some parts they can strip a car in less than 5 minutes flat, :histeric:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
addison_ii said:
Hey now no Detroit bashing!! But, in some parts they can strip a car in less than 5 minutes flat, :histeric:
Hey that sounds like the place i grew up

its where they train Formula One pit crews

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
Hey that sounds like the place i grew up

its where they train Formula One pit crews
They start them young. Before you enter first grade you must know how to wield a 4 way lug wrench. Remove a rim lock in 15 seconds. not to mention lately how to syphon gas with a coffee stirrer and a thermos.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
addison_ii said:
They start them young. Before you enter first grade you must know how to wield a 4 way lug wrench. Remove a rim lock in 15 seconds. not to mention lately how to syphon gas with a coffee stirrer and a thermos.
I grew up in a place called Newbiggen Hall in Newcastle Upon Tyne, really tough place, i could hold my own though

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
McCombie throwing fisticuffs?? I've threw a few in my day but, not lately, even though some times I feel like it. I used to keep an Easton aluminum bat in my trunk. Just in case there was an impromptu game of stickball.:D

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
About this Discussion
142 Replies
45 Participants
STS Rules