Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a site selling Voliant CAI system for '05 STS that fit without any modifications?

zzzasy

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have been attempting to find a CAI for over a year for my 05 STS with negative results. I was assured a year ago by VOLANT that they would produce a CAI in the near future for the 05-07 STS V-8 but they have not done this yet and I don't expect them to. I will not give up on trying to find a CAI for our vehicles.

·
Registered
06 STS-1SG-ACC/HUD-Volant CAI-Corsa Exh-Mesh Grill-ClearBra
517 Posts
Last I spoke to Volant (6-8 weeks ago) they told me they were selling them to their distributors and had not heard of issues which made them think there were problems in part swapping at the retailers.

I had mine completely apart last weekend to recharge the filter and check the install and mine at least was not modified. The parts fit fine and there were no mods that I could tell that they made to get it to fit...

If you really want one then I would be tempted to call them again and see if they would price match and sell direct to you.

·
Registered
Cadillac
66 Posts
Yea, I want one too. I looked all over the Volant site, and several other CAI manufacturers, and no-one is listing a CAI for an STS. So if Volant makes one why is it not listed? I e-mailed them and am waiting for a response. I can't believe they're making them for SRX's and not the performance sedan like our STS. What's up. BTW, Cajonkev, where did you get yours, and did you have to modify yours to fit, or was it made specifically for the STS V8?

·
Registered
Cadillac
66 Posts
Not to Hijack the thread, but Cajonkev, is $695 installed sound too much for a mesh grille? I would like to put one on, but this seems high. What do you think? Thanks for any reply.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Not to Hijack the thread, but Cajonkev, is $695 installed sound too much for a mesh grille? I would like to put one on, but this seems high. What do you think? Thanks for any reply.
It does sound a bit high to me as well but it really depends on the cost of the grill which I have seen in the mid 3's but also as high as 5 1/2.

That depends on whether it is a one or two piece grill, ACC or not and the style of the weave. YMMV for sure.

Mine was dealer installed as part of a settlement deal but they are not supposed to be more than an hour or two to do.

I know some folks have had fit issues dealing with getting the lower grill to fit and then the upper to get the hood to be flush again which takes time and money of course.

Personally I would be shooting for $100 on top of agreed part price (knowing there is margin there too) but again YMMV and that's just me. Start a thread and I am sure you will get A LOT of advice...:D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yea, I want one too. I looked all over the Volant site, and several other CAI manufacturers, and no-one is listing a CAI for an STS. So if Volant makes one why is it not listed? I e-mailed them and am waiting for a response. I can't believe they're making them for SRX's and not the performance sedan like our STS. What's up. BTW, Cajonkev, where did you get yours, and did you have to modify yours to fit, or was it made specifically for the STS V8?
Volant lost their web guy and have not been good at updating the site in a year (so they told me).

Mine came straight from Volant and was installed by them in their plant here in SoCal as the first production unit used for fit testing. I asked specifically and was told in person it was a full production unit and not a prototype. I have had the entire unit apart since (last weekend) and it seems production quality to me...

I have spoken to them about the issues expressed here on two separate occasions and both times they assured me they were moving product for the V-8 and have been since February of this year (I received mine mid-January).

If all this is true... then my only guess is that the real issue is with their distributors and a very similar set-up to the SRX causing part number confusion. Because the production numbers are very low for this vehicle and they do not sell direct it has never really popped up as an issue for them.

I can say that Robert has worked very hard in calling Volant and knows the same guys I do and he didn't receive satisfaction. I tried telling them they were pissing off some owners and losing sales but....

BTW, run a search on the older threads and you can see pics of my install. Having just recharged it after 10K I was very happy with how the filter is holding up and the airbox itself is flawless. And the sound/perf., well.....
:getaway:

·
Registered
Cadillac
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I would appreciate it if you could get them to sell directly to me and the numerous others on the forum who have been waiting also. They need to realize that they have been missing out on a lot of sells.

thanks in advance,

zzzasy

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yes, I would appreciate it if you could get them to sell directly to me and the numerous others on the forum who have been waiting also. They need to realize that they have been missing out on a lot of sells.

thanks in advance,

zzzasy
Well I'm afraid I cannot get them to do anything. I have no affiliation nor influence with them whatsoever.

My suggestion above was for anyone interested to give them a call themselves, explain what has been going on and see what you can work out...:bouncy:

Best Wishes...

·
Registered
Cadillac
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok. will do. thanks for the input. Are the numbers readily available on their website?

zzzasy

·
Registered
517 Posts
(909) 476-7225
9 am - 5pm PST 12 pm - 8pm EST Monday - Friday

1 - 11 of 11 Posts