Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 STS 28 k miles,2006 escalade ,2005 deville dts
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
has anyone ever purchased this setup with he cold air intake and the add on power core scoop intake system is it good and is it worth it .Im also looking for a catback pro a corsa touring if they still make it i have on on my volant_3585361.jpg sts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no ones down this intake on the escalade at all

·
Registered
05 escalade ext
13 Posts
After my uncle blew a brand new Mercedes engine by sucking water thru the air intake down by the lower part of the bumper going thru a large puddle during a heavy rain I am leery of the lower scoop part.

·
Registered
'04 Escalade Luxury
3 Posts
i just installed that intake, without the scoop, sounds great! but as for most intakes on most vehicles , the performance gains are not entirely noticeable.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i figured .i will pro not get the scoop but just the intake an now they have a new filter too the power core inside of the traditional filter .You guys know that cross is volant right they bough them out long time ago soon the intakes will have the cross name on them

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
i just installed that intake, without the scoop, sounds great! but as for most intakes on most vehicles , the performance gains are not entirely noticeable.
You get the most gains in vehicles with forced induction, like my STS-V. I was amazed when I gained 20whp just from a stage 1 & 2 cold air intake.

·
Registered
2004 Escalade ESV
4 Posts
I have the scoop on my Escalade and haven't had any problems. Have had the intake on all my vehicles with the scoop also (tahoes) and never had a problem. As far as hp gains I'm not sure since I have the magnacharger mp112 :lildevil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts