Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got the Volant today, and just finished getting it installed. Man what a pain in my @ss to install it. A friend would of helped a whole lot! I havent driven the car yet, but it looks good in the bay, and the slurp slurp sound of the intake has already got me jones'n to drive it. throttle response seems improved - little better free revs- anyone else feel the same way?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what sucks is the cf piece is not snug at all against the top lid. why didnt they make a gasket for the top lid? Anyone know where i can get material to cut out and make a gasket or where i could get a gasket. Thanks!

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Volants cause nut cancer. Or something else less deadly but I can't remember.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
WOW....thought that went away after I graduated college.....now those kids I have scattered around the country.........

F

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Sorry, 04ctsvfla, go to pep boys or similar autoparts store and you can find something that will work. You could also use a soft silicone tubing (clear) that you can glue to the lid, that may work great.
Good luck,
ace

·
0 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
just cuz u dont got one, dont piss on it
I had one, it gave me 4 horsepower with a pcm tune, let's see, at $300, that was $75 per horsepower, what a bargain.:suspense: :suspense: :suspense: :suspense: :suspense: I did not figure in dyno or tune time.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Burn!:duck:

·
Registered
131 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
what sucks is the cf piece is not snug at all against the top lid. why didnt they make a gasket for the top lid? Anyone know where i can get material to cut out and make a gasket or where i could get a gasket. Thanks!
Go to the hardware store and get a very thin weather stripping for the top and the thick stuff if you wish to seal the side against the ineer fender wall.

·
0 Posts
urbanski said:
it's been discussed before
just like every other question you ask
I'm just dying to pay money to support this board with an internet thug like you lurking around. :cookoo: :cookoo:

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
10secvette said:
I'm just dying to pay money to support this board with an internet thug like you lurking around. :cookoo: :cookoo:
Ya but Urby speaks the truth. Is it that hard to spend 60 seconds doing a search prior to starting a new thread? The weekly 'Corsa vs. B&B, which should I get' threads get old.

To actually ad to this thread. I got the following numbers from the LPE CAI that I installed:

Peak Gain:
+8.9 RWHP 3% Gain (295.5 @6150 vs. 304.4 @6350)
+2.8 RWTQ 1% Gain (285.2 @4900 vs. 288.0 @4850)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56069

-Chris

1 - 20 of 24 Posts