Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac STS Northstar V8
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part No. 15846150
Hey anyone have an experience with this intake on their sts? Noticeable performance boost? Sound better? Easy install??

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Looks pretty... That's about it. Have it. Required cutting the tube to make it fit (volant instructed me this is needed on the sts as the kit was actually made for the srx) and can barely be herd under the plastic and not over my corsa.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No performance boosts? How easy was the installation? Is it worth the 200$?

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
How much is something you never see and doesn't do anything worth to you? I have some air I'd love to sell you. With a larger tb and intake manifold and headers sure it may help but stock it's useless. Timmy c makes a 80mm tb and lt headers but its still a 4500 lbs car. Not worth it. I stopped trying and started saving for a V.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
All you get out of it from what I've read is some induction noise. Stock unit flows more air than the NA Northstar can use at redline. You might get a benefit if you upgrade to the 85mm ported throttle body from Timmy and the intake plus a tune.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahh alright thanks guys and yeah I know I can do all I want but its still an 05 STS maybe time for an upgrade and if im looking for speed I should give up and just get a V

·
Registered
2005 STS Northstar RWD
511 Posts
Ahh alright thanks guys and yeah I know I can do all I want but its still an 05 STS maybe time for an upgrade and if im looking for speed I should give up and just get a V
There isn't much extra left in it to try and extract with cheap mods. The V is the way to go if the stock Northstar isn't enough. I love the V8, but in all honesty, I don't think I use all the horses on a daily basis :)

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
Daily WOT, not; weekly, maybe; monthly, that's just ring maintenance!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts