Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any of you guys point me in the right direction and help me find where I can get one for my 05' 3.6 . I've been on google for the last hour . Thanks ,Rich

·
Registered
86 Posts
ebay is a great option when looking for OEM or AfterMarket parts for your CTS. Always remember to ask questions and check the Seller's Feedback though!

·
Registered
86 Posts
http://www.dnlautosports.com/

Tell Liz that Tim from club3g sent ya. She'll try to price match the lowest price you find on the web. I usually buy from her even if she's only a couple bucks off cause she's one of the most honest online retailers I know. I've been hit by 2 scam artists before so she's the only one I deal with anymore.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
after having k&n fipk then the tonya mod, i just bought f1_fanz's (diane's) volant for the 3.2 can't wait to give it a go. what can i say, i was curious about each one of them. i will be selling the k&n for sure and probably the tonya box when i get the volant, then order a stock air filter just in case i need to roll into the dealer.

i have a feeling you'll be satisfied with the volant, Rich...

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
TripleOught said:
after having k&n fipk then the tonya mod, i just bought f1_fanz's (diane's) volant for the 3.2 can't wait to give it a go. what can i say, i was curious about each one of them. i will be selling the k&n for sure and probably the tonya box when i get the volant, then order a stock air filter just in case i need to roll into the dealer.
i have a feeling you'll be satisfied with the volant, Rich...
I bet when the results are in there will be little diffrence between the TonyA and the Volant other than your wallet will be $200 lighter.:yup:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
luckily i got away with it for 130 and she threw in the oiling kit as well...generous gesture. if i'm lucky i can sell the k&n on ebay to someone for around 100-150 to recoup the entire costs, being it's basically brand new. someone will buy it, even if i get like 75 bucks for it i suppose. it looks like my curiousity took precedence here in wanting to try each mod, and speaking of a lighter wallet, i'm sure you know the feeling after the numerous mods you've born witness to....it's only money, right?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
TripleOught said:
luckily i got away with it for 130 and she threw in the oiling kit as well...generous gesture. if i'm lucky i can sell the k&n on ebay to someone for around 100-150 to recoup the entire costs, being it's basically brand new. someone will buy it, even if i get like 75 bucks for it i suppose. it looks like my curiousity took precedence here in wanting to try each mod, and speaking of a lighter wallet, i'm sure you know the feeling after the numerous mods you've born witness to....it's only money, right?
Yeah, The CTS is a money pit. But I do shop for bargains. Like the used V-bumper & the DIY TonyA.

·
Registered
2006 Black 3.6L CTS
37 Posts
Do these intakes actually make a difference? I mean not just number wise but the actual "pick-up" you feel when driving. I was thinking about getting one but am afraid it's something that just has a placebo effect.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Theres a post where all three of the intakes are going to be run on a dyno to hopefully show if in fact there are any differences between them, and if so how much of one. Stay Tuned! The post is listed as "The Great Air Intake Challange"

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Armaan said:
Do these intakes actually make a difference? I mean not just number wise but the actual "pick-up" you feel when driving. I was thinking about getting one but am afraid it's something that just has a placebo effect.
It makes a difference....and you do feel it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts