Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought it and now what do I do with it. I didn't want to do the TonyA(sorry Robert) because I wanted to be able to return the car back to factory items in case of a problem and I can't do that if I drilled holes in it . How difficult is the volant to install?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
It's not hard, but can be cumbersome. Pull your stock airbox by disconnecting the MAF harness (on the 3.2 you slide the bottom of the connector toward the engine about 1/8" and the connector pulls up and out easily), undo the clamp on the MAF to intake hose. There are three bolts that hold the airbox to the hood. Pull the vacuum line out of the hold-down on the intake and the whole thing pulls right out.

To install, you need to unbolt the MAF from your factory airbox and bolt it to the Volant. You'll need to either cut the rubber next to the radiator (test fit the Volant and you'll see where the snorkel goes), or I simply pulled one of the push pins and folded it out of the way.

You then install the filter with a clamp, onto the MAF adapter on the inside of the airbox. Put the lid on, and set it in place of the stock airbox (it doesn't bolt in). Mine had some thin foam tape put on by the previous owner on the bottom of the lid to seal it. Put the band clamp back onto the MAF and intake tube, connect the MAF harness, and your done.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an 05' 3.6 , is it the same ? Do you have any pictures?:confused:
odysseus said:
It's not hard, but can be cumbersome. Pull your stock airbox by disconnecting the MAF harness (on the 3.2 you slide the bottom of the connector toward the engine about 1/8" and the connector pulls up and out easily), undo the clamp on the MAF to intake hose. There are three bolts that hold the airbox to the hood. Pull the vacuum line out of the hold-down on the intake and the whole thing pulls right out.

To install, you need to unbolt the MAF from your factory airbox and bolt it to the Volant. You'll need to either cut the rubber next to the radiator (test fit the Volant and you'll see where the snorkel goes), or I simply pulled one of the push pins and folded it out of the way.

You then install the filter with a clamp, onto the MAF adapter on the inside of the airbox. Put the lid on, and set it in place of the stock airbox (it doesn't bolt in). Mine had some thin foam tape put on by the previous owner on the bottom of the lid to seal it. Put the band clamp back onto the MAF and intake tube, connect the MAF harness, and your done.

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Rich,

The Volant will draw more attention in the Service dept. than the TonyA. You can't even see the TonyA mod and who in heaven would dismantle your airbox for any service? Changing the Volant and stock airbox back and forth is no picnic. But hey, that's water over the dam now. I did add a bit to the OEM appearance of my box. I'd like to add Pete's chrome engine cover next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
RobertCTS