Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at getting a Volant Cat back Exhaust when I get the Volant CAI. Does anyone have one or heard one on the 6.2? Part number is Volant 15253753. Or is there a better exhaust system I should be considering. The GM touring cat back system is below $600 right now without tip. Thanks for any input/suggestions.

·
Registered
Cadillac
52 Posts
I have the corsa touring cat back system. Its a great performance upgrade. Better acceleration and increased power. The sound at first sounded just like stock but after driving awhile, the sound is perfect. Guess it needed time to break in?? The sport version is too loud for me. Wanted to keep my escalade luxury. I was lucky enough to get my corsa system for $680 on ebay :)

I also think that the GM cat back systems are also made by corsa? can someone confirm?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
GM catbacks are mostly made by Borla, had 2 sets of them. Have never seen the Volant exhaust, but have Corsa Touring on one truck and B&B on the other, Corsa has a nice mellow sound until you step on it, then it makes some noise, the B&B makes a nasty big block sound, nice and quite on the highway, but around town you will hear it coming.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the inputs....still looking for anyone who has the Volant system....gm's touring system is less than $600 right now but that is without tip so close to $700 with tip and I can get a Volant (fully polished ss304) system for just a little higher than that...might be worth the extra if I could get some feedback from someone who has one.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Thanks for the inputs....still looking for anyone who has the Volant system....gm's touring system is less than $600 right now but that is without tip so close to $700 with tip and I can get a Volant (fully polished ss304) system for just a little higher than that...might be worth the extra if I could get some feedback from someone who has one.
You may want to watch E-Bay, I remember a member here getting a new Corsa system for under $400.00 shipped

1 - 5 of 5 Posts