Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A special Christmas price for the CTS Volant. 25% off the regular $277 price. That figures to $208 !!. Best price I've ever seen.:D :bouncy:

Vendor name: Volant Performance
Products: Cold Air intake
Special offer: Save 25% off purchase of CTS or CTS-V intake (order thru http://www.proficientperformance.com/)

Terms: Valid thru 12-15-05!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ulises said:
Great find! How much HP does this thing put out alone?
Member "HaveBlue" did Dyno tests on the TonyA, K&N and Volant. The thread was called "The Great Air Intake Challenge" It's woth doing a search for the results are closer to the end of the thread. Volant seems to perform best with the 3.6VVT engine.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
johnnybn said:
Is there a coupon code you have to use at checkout? I'm not seeing any price change from the $277?
This was part of a FAQ promotion that Reed sent to me. You may have to call in your order and refer to the Cadillac FAQ special Christmas Promotion.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems like every time I buy something a better price comes along!:mad: A lot of us have already bought our Volants but for those that haven't I don't think it will get any better than this.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
Isn't that just nice! I just bought mine for $248.00 and installed it. Doesn't everything go on sale just after you think you've made a good buy? :rant2:
Nice update RobertCTS. This should help many of our members.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Eh don't feel so bad. I just called proficient performance and they said the sale is 25% off of RETAIL price which just so happens to be $415. This doesn't sound right to me?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
johnnybn said:
Eh don't feel so bad. I just called proficient performance and they said the sale is 25% off of RETAIL price which just so happens to be $415. This doesn't sound right to me?
I showed you the ad. They sure don't make that clear. You know they don't sell any at suggested retail:mad2:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just looked at hyperformanceauto.com and they're charging $250 and change. What's with all the shady pricing on this thing?

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
johnnybn said:
Just looked at hyperformanceauto.com and they're charging $250 and change. What's with all the shady pricing on this thing?
damn my bad man, didnt know they changed pricing. I bought mine at the very end of October and it was 234.00 at the time.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Robert and I got lucky at $234, I talked to a gentleman named Tim there and we got the last 2 at that price. The $254 price was last one I saw, and they delivered in 5 day's. Haven't seen one less yet. There is supposed to be a snorkel attachment available that allows for mor edirect air flow into the box, but I haven't found out how to obtain it yet.

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
Guys,
That promotion was sent directly to me from volant performance... I will forward this link to him and see what he has to say. He forwarded me the proficient performance website and said they would honor the deal.... I only forwarded what he sent.. i didnt realize they would play games with the retail price...

Reed

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
johnnybn said:
These are good people at hyperformanceauto.com. The were called by Volant to insist on raising the price to make it fair to other vendors. So what hyperformance is doing is including shipping and/or the filter re-charge kit. I'm not sure which one. It is still the best price on the net.:shhh:

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
Here is what I got from volant:

-----
Hello Reed, I found out that the deal is actually no deal at all. Proficient is already selling below %25 off retail. However I just talked to Proficient and they said they would be willing to sell at %15 below dealer price which is a much better deal. That brings price to about $263.00. On a dealer price of $310.00.

-------
Sorry for the confusion guys...

Reed

1 - 20 of 22 Posts