Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 3.6L v6 cts lux
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup cts'rs, installed my volant this morning and wow i'm in love all over again. my car sounds like a beast. i gotta admit volant sucks as a manufacturer, the only reason i went volant was for the performance gains but if it wasnt for that i would've gone k&n. #1 there was no hole on the box for the mounting bracket to go (had to mcguyver it) there were no instructions in the box, the holes where the screws go through the MAF into the airbox to hold the filter were off(had to reshape the holes and burn some plastic before it would fit, and finally the hose clamps were too small ALL 4 OF THEM. I had to use the stock airbox clamps. once done though i was happy lol. got eibachs coming in the mail. just need rims/tires and i should be somewhat done lol.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Darn, Volant wasn't that bad before. I heard some of their issues, but you got all of them in one product! I am happy you are such a McGuyver to make it work and to make you happy :)

My Volant is on its way and I hope I don't have such issues. I better call them tonight to make sure they check the assy before they send it if they didn't ship it yet.

My Eibachs will be installed next week!

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
cut a hole in that b*tch, it will sound even better. never had a problem with my volant ecept the bolts were a tad short for the maf flange. exspecially to mash the extra gasket in there, and without the gasket i had air leaks. but i made it work. as far as instructions bah who needs em for something so simple.

·
Registered
2004 3.6L v6 cts lux
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont sweat it k&n would've been my first choice had it not been for the hp diff +1 hp lololol

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
dont sweat it k&n would've been my first choice had it not been for the hp diff +1 hp lololol
+1 ?!?!? are u kidding!?!? or am i missing something!??

from what i know, the Volant gives the 3.6L CTS 13RWHP
the K&N produces 8RWHP
(and the TonyA will bring u 5RWHP --and if u are going to do a CAI and have a 3.6L, but dont want to get a volant, do the TonyA mod.. its well worth it and why blow 200+ for 3rwhp?!?!?! doesnt make sense)

sorry bud... i see a difference of 5hp at the wheels... even more at the crank... but def. not one...

:yawn: sry i'm tired

·
Registered
2004 3.6L v6 cts lux
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+1 ?!?!? are u kidding!?!? or am i missing something!??

from what i know, the Volant gives the 3.6L CTS 13RWHP
the K&N produces 8RWHP
(and the TonyA will bring u 5RWHP --and if u are going to do a CAI and have a 3.6L, but dont want to get a volant, do the TonyA mod.. its well worth it and why blow 200+ for 3rwhp?!?!?! doesnt make sense)

sorry bud... i see a difference of 5hp at the wheels... even more at the crank... but def. not one...

:yawn: sry i'm tired

i was being sarcastic. hence the reason why i got them in the first place.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
sry -- sometimes hard to pick up on sarcasm over the internet :bang2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts