Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed a volant and did the mod by cutting a hole in the front and in the splash guard behind the light, so i am getting plenty of cool air. but it seems like i have lost my bottom end power. when i would punch it before from a stop my wheels would always squeel with the traction control off, now i can only burn out around corners. it seems to bog abit when i punch it, it hesitates for a second. i even put foam tape around the lid for a better seal.
i unhooked the battery to reset the computer thinking that might be it.
it seems to have more punch at higher speeds but definitly not on take off. i have stock exhaust right now could that be it?? i have borla cat back coming in next week.
i am not throwing up any error codes.
is this normal with volant?

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
um actually thats totallly ABNORMAL . . . maybe you did something wrong? or maybe your just not feeling it but its there.
you could have it dynoed with the stock and again with the volant.
that'll answer all questions.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could it just be the ecu needs to be retrained? it just seems to be the initial get up, then it kicks in and goes. maybe i'm just on crack.
definitely sounds good though.
could it be a possible air leak after the box, around the sensor?
just want some input.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Mine felt great right out of the box. Recheck all your connection. Maybe tape the hole closed and see if it helps. The ECU overlooks CAI and exhaust mods.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Yeah, sounds like a connection thing. Make sure the MAF is connected securely to the box. Did you cut a hole in the material behind the grille that allows the air to reach the Volant box opening.I did have that issue slightly due to the lid not sealing. I added a black, trimmed to fit gasket to seal mine. Are you getting the traction control is off light when you push the defeat button. Maybe there is an issue with it not deactivating. Try putting the old intake on. If the problem still persists then you know it's not the Volant. Otherwise it should be one of the above. Good Luck.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
traction contol is definitely off. i know its related to the volant, i'm thinking it maybe the maf is dirty from the oil on the filter perhaps. i haven't had time to mess around with it. i'll check everything over tomorrow, and hopefully find the culprit.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
traction contol is definitely off. i know its related to the volant, i'm thinking it maybe the maf is dirty from the oil on the filter perhaps. i haven't had time to mess around with it. i'll check everything over tomorrow, and hopefully find the culprit.
Did you add oil to the Volant? It comes pre-oiled. You can get a can of aerosol MAF Cleaner at Advance Auto Parts or AutoZone.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha no i never added oil, i know it was pre-oiled. i got the maf cleaner, and i cleaned the throttle body too while i was at it with some throttle cleaner. the throttle was already pretty clean. next step is tape up the hole in the front just to see the outcome.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my butt dino says everything is resolved. after cleaning i compressed another gasket between the maf and the airbox was a bitch to get on because of the short ass bolts they send you with the box, but i got it to work. then i removed that plastic cover on the bottom vent in the bumper facia on the drivers side to let more cool air in.
whatever i did seemed to make a difference, no more hesitation.
i think i got an idea for bringing air up from the facia vent right to the air box.
instead of trying to use a duct or tubing, i think i will create a slide from the hole i cut in the air box to the facia vent with splash guard material, it should angle cool air nicely right to that hole. extra ram air!!!!

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
my butt dino says everything is resolved. after cleaning i compressed another gasket between the maf and the airbox was a bitch to get on because of the short ass bolts they send you with the box, but i got it to work. then i removed that plastic cover on the bottom vent in the bumper facia on the drivers side to let more cool air in.
whatever i did seemed to make a difference, no more hesitation.
i think i got an idea for bringing air up from the facia vent right to the air box.
instead of trying to use a duct or tubing, i think i will create a slide from the hole i cut in the air box to the facia vent with splash guard material, it should angle cool air nicely right to that hole. extra ram air!!!!
The short screws have been a problem. Many of us have eliminated the washers. See my ideas on the TonyA Ram Air for getting more cold air to the box!:)

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
cus he's a champion, damnit!

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
'cause I still have the Caddy and I just renewed my membership. Plus I want the 22,000th post.

You anxious to get rid of me Chico?:)

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The short screws have been a problem. Many of us have eliminated the washers. See my ideas on the TonyA Ram Air for getting more cold air to the box!:)
ya i check that out, looks like you guys had a heated debate about that one.
i actually want to do that mod that someone foud on ebay. i just can't find an airbox flange, i might have to goto the wrecker and look around untill i find what i'm looking for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts