Personally, I don't believe the problem is with the microphone being located in the mirror. I also subscribe to OnStar and purchase minutes for OnStar calling. OnStar voice recognition is virtually dead-on accurate every time. I have learned to adapt a little with the STS VR using volume, direction and clarity but all seems pretty good now. I've never had problems with OnStar.2. IMHO, the main design flaw is locating the microphone in the mirror; close any open windows/sunroof & turn down the HVAC fan.
EXACTLY!!!It doesn't make any difference what you say, it still doesn't work.
all in $68K car.....They can be made to work, but... NOT ready for prime time.
I use Phone Dial Name and the Nametags that I've recorded. They actually work very well. I also use Radio XM, Radio FM, etc. They work OK. I don't find one for Auxiliary or Aux In. Maybe Radio Help, DVD Help, etc. would display something useful.
1. For pre-2007, the Nav firmware upgrade helps the VR.
2. IMHO, the main design flaw is locating the microphone in the mirror; close any open windows/sunroof & turn down the HVAC fan.
3. Speak softer, not louder & don't run words together.
4. Some members claim male drivers (or contralto women) should choose Nigel rather than Hermine & vice-versa.
5. Practice won't make perfect, but helps.