Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
ive seen those in real life on a CTS, they look just liek CTS V wheels, except chrome. I really like them. Too bad they are 1800 for a set of 18's!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Caddy Man said:
ive seen those in real life on a CTS, they look just liek CTS V wheels, except chrome. I really like them. Too bad they are 1800 for a set of 18's!
those are 18s? factory 18s have more profile than that

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Devil_concours said:
those are 18s? factory 18s have more profile than that
sorry for my confusing post, they make it in 18 and in 20, the ones on the STS are 20. I was interested in the 18 for my CTS, as ive loved the V wheels and this came pretty close. Dealer wanted 1800 for the 18s. :alchi:

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Caddy Man said:
sorry for my confusing post, they make it in 18 and in 20, the ones on the STS are 20. I was interested in the 18 for my CTS, as ive loved the V wheels and this came pretty close. Dealer wanted 1800 for the 18s. :alchi:
I've been trying to get the same wheels that i currently have on the car in 19x10 for the rear without any luck until recently. This is what i've found. Wheels that are currently on my car was forged by app for acari racing and they sold the design to hanman. Hanman currently sells these wheels for 1700~2000+/wheel :cookoo:

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The reaon Vogue's are over priced is because you get a 4yr warranty.....
I also love the lip look, but when i had the MC2 RT21's on my car the wheels looks so much bigger without the lip..... Now I have 5 inches of lip...Mixed emotions....

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Dubbed Stealth said:
The reaon Vogue's are over priced is because you get a 4yr warranty.....
I also love the lip look, but when i had the MC2 RT21's on my car the wheels looks so much bigger without the lip..... Now I have 5 inches of lip...Mixed emotions....
I agree with you that they do tend to make the wheel look larger. DS your wheels look pretty tight. I'd stay with them. That kinda cash would pay for those Hugger Headers/cats. At least that makes your car faster.

·
Registered
'04 CTS, '79 Coupe DeVille, '78 Sedan De Ville, '77 Firebird
1,020 Posts
does vogue make z-rated tires? i checked their website and found none. i saw one set of y rated, mostly h, though. a lot of money for some h rated tires, no?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have a quick tip for ya'll on wheels. Did you know that wheel designs are not patented? Thats why you see so many wheel companies that have the same designs. So those Vogue wheels that cost 2-3 grand, I'll go buy the same design for $1000, and all I have to do is buy the center cap from Vogue, and noone can tell the difference.

Might want to think about that before you spend a butt load on a set wheels simply because of brand name...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Cadiman1983 said:
I have a quick tip for ya'll on wheels. Did you know that wheel designs are not patented? Thats why you see so many wheel companies that have the same designs. So those Vogue wheels that cost 2-3 grand, I'll go buy the same design for $1000, and all I have to do is buy the center cap from Vogue, and noone can tell the difference.

Might want to think about that before you spend a butt load on a set wheels simply because of brand name...
design might be the same but manufacturing process/quality/specs varies.

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Devil_concours said:
design might be the same but manufacturing process/quality/specs varies.
Exactly! I would never buy an off make brand.....

Im not in the market for wheels just was sharing. My next set will be 21's. Or on my 2007-08 new body within the next year and a half........

·
Registered
413 Posts
Quality and specs may vary slightly, but not to the piont to triple the price.

A close friend of mine is a manager at a custom auto shop, and he never recommends buying a name brand wheel company simple because of the cost. He can find you the same design and quality for a much better price.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts