Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS, 1999 Cadillac Seville
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for me to get rid of these bad years and get good tires.

I'm hearing good things about the Vogue Signature V Tires.

Thoughts? ?

·
Registered
2008 DTS PERFORMANCE GONE (R.I.P.)
1,160 Posts
I've heard that the vogue signature V's are an exceptional tire wet, dry and performance. A member here bought a car with them already on the vehicle and he says they a very good tire, confirming the rumor.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard that the vogue signature V's are an exceptional tire wet, dry and performance. A member here bought a car with them already on the vehicle and he says they a very good tire, confirming the rumor.
Thanks! I will be getting them. I was looking at the Falken All season performance ones as well.

·
Registered
18 XTS Luxury AWD, 06 SRX V6-AWD *** Gone - 08 DTS LuxIII, 87 Brougham d'Elegance
509 Posts
I had Vogues on my car when I bought it. They were beautiful to look at, but rode harshly and were loud. They had poor traction on the wet (I'm in the rainy Pacific NW, so wet traction is tested all the time). Last year, when we had snow, my car sat in the garage for a week until it was gone off the roads... I had zero confidence in snow/ice traction. I used my wife's SRX that whole time and we shared the car...it was a huge pain (juggling us going in different directions), but a reflection of how poorly my car did with the Vogues on anything less than dry roads. This summer, I replaced my tires, even though I had plenty of tread left on the Vogues. I miss the look (my DTS has the carriage top and the Vogues "completed" the look), but comfort and traction were too important.

I don't know which line of Vogue tires my car had, so I don't know how they'd compare to the "Signature V" series you're considering. I'd recommend checking out thoroughly the tires you're looking at. My $.02.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had Vogues on my car when I bought it. They were beautiful to look at, but rode harshly and were loud. They had poor traction on the wet (I'm in the rainy Pacific NW, so wet traction is tested all the time). Last year, when we had snow, my car sat in the garage for a week until it was gone off the roads... I had zero confidence in snow/ice traction. I used my wife's SRX that whole time and we shared the car...it was a huge pain (juggling us going in different directions), but a reflection of how poorly my car did with the Vogues on anything less than dry roads. This summer, I replaced my tires, even though I had plenty of tread left on the Vogues. I miss the look (my DTS has the carriage top and the Vogues "completed" the look), but comfort and traction were too important.

I don't know which line of Vogue tires my car had, so I don't know how they'd compare to the "Signature V" series you're considering. I'd recommend checking out thoroughly the tires you're looking at. My $.02.

Hope this helps.
You still have your old Vogue tires laying around? They could had been a bad set and been replaced under warranty.

What tires did you get instead?

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
538 Posts
I actually emailed vogue questioning all the statements I've heard about bad tire quality I actually got a reply admitting they had manufacturing issues but had since began working with a different company and saw major improvments.. maybe the difference between vii and viii? I didn't investigate further

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The post is referring to the vogue V performance tires. They don't have the white wall just a gold V.
And they are a very good tire according to owners and reviews.

Now if they would only combine the two .....

·
Registered
18 XTS Luxury AWD, 06 SRX V6-AWD *** Gone - 08 DTS LuxIII, 87 Brougham d'Elegance
509 Posts
You still have your old Vogue tires laying around? They could had been a bad set and been replaced under warranty.

What tires did you get instead?
I don't have the old Vogue tires still.

I now have Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 tires on my car. They're black-walls...and I miss the look of the whitewalls, but they ride smooth and they have great traction in the wet. We haven't had snow this year, so I don't know how they'll do on snow/ice...but I suspect they'll do fine and the reviews seemed to support that.

What I was hoping to get were Goodyear ComforTred tires. I had them on a 2001 Buick Park Avenue and loved them. Quiet and smooth/soft-riding. I couldn't find them around at the time I was getting tires. I was leaving for a 4000+ mile trip right away. The Hankooks are not as quiet at the ComforTreds, but they're definitely quieter than the Vogues.

·
Registered
DTS LUXURY 3 2006 LIGHT GREEN/ 2014 Artic White SRX Prem
18 Posts
I have the Vogues with the white wall & yellow stripe on my light green DTS. They look great but you do have to keep after the white walls because of disc brake dust. I always go to the car wash, but I have seen some dingy ones.
It was like when the 1st Audi A4 came out and was mainly driven by women. The wheels were always dirty on the ones I saw around town.

·
Registered
08 DTS
9 Posts
I have the Vogues with the white wall & yellow stripe on my light green DTS. They look great but you do have to keep after the white walls because of disc brake dust. I always go to the car wash, but I have seen some dingy ones.
It was like when the 1st Audi A4 came out and was mainly driven by women. The wheels were always dirty on the ones I saw around town.
Wow! ....I am a woman. And my Caddy's name is Precious (08 Black Cherry) and I am more meticulous than my husband. I won't even let him get the snow or ice off of it for me because he might scratch it or something. I keep my wheels clean and I am at the car wash as much as I possibly can! ...can't believe you said that! Lol, I know most women are not like me. I do love the look of the Vogues but there is nothing wrong with the Michelin Energy's I have on her. Maybe my next set.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I emailed Vogue and they will be running another tire special in March.

·
Registered
06 DTS, 91 Brougham, 92 Brougham d'Elegance
32 Posts
Been running vogue custom built VIII on my 2006 radiant silver DTS all winter no problems yet in the NewEngland snow. Except keeping them clean. I seemed to never have found the time to switch them out this season but with the amount of snow we've had I been pleasantly surprised with the handling .

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac DTS, 1966 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
197 Posts
Ja'48 I've been following the post , thanks for your comment that's what I was waiting to find out how was the handling for snow

·
Registered
DTS
112 Posts
I'm the guy who hated vogues, got them on the new too me DTS the Z series, and can't brag about them enough. Harsh winter here in NJ and they are better than the Michelins I had on my 07 DTS. I am sold bigtime, and will not hesitate to buy another set. Love them.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
MrZoSo said:
I'm the guy who hated vogues, got them on the new too me DTS the Z series, and can't brag about them enough. Harsh winter here in NJ and they are better than the Michelins I had on my 07 DTS. I am sold bigtime, and will not hesitate to buy another set. Love them.
Anything is an improvement over the stock Shitelins...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Kent7100 said:
Any advice where to buy them and cost? Can you buy thru Tire Rack? Have always loved the look of their tires!
FYI They are talking about the V series not the mayo and mustard white walls. Not Sure if they have changed the rubber compounds on those, other member said they had or were going to. If they ever combined the two I think the tyre would be a winner.

I checked them and could not find the correct size
for my car. I was thinking about trying the V series.

·
Registered
DTS
112 Posts
V series, correct. Awesome tire. Long as I have the DTS I will buy them. Hate the mustard white wall tire. Horrific.

·
Registered
2003 STS
16 Posts
Signature V's are a China tire. They shook like crazy when I tried them. They are not Vogues guys. They are nothing like The real Vogues.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts