Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched... Was there ever dynos posted if the increase in these 2 products.. I'm in the process of getting a tb to send in... I gotta fix my low end power loss going to 2.5 in exhaust piping

·
Registered
07' CTS-V | 07' Lux 3.6 Volant-Borla-Vsways | 08' CTS 3.6 DI Performance
969 Posts
Look OP, when it comes to the 1st gen CTS V6. Everything so far from Rx has been shrouded with mystery especially when it comes to the TB and iceloater wild claims galore.

When a company believes the product is worth it they will give you all the data you need.

When they don't know what they're doing they'll give you wild claims and wild talk about their rep, which isn't much to begin with

I'll let you judge for yourself.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-first-generation-forum-2003/300706-rx-vmax-throttle-body-prototype.html

Look for my unanswered questions to RX in the thread and you be the judge if this product is worth a $150.

At best I can tell you there is a chance it can eliminate that slight barely noticeable dip in power before 4K rpm which the LY7 has, anything beyond that is just wild promises like their 304 HP 302lb.ft dyno run which is just crazy talk for a CTS with simple mods especially with dyno verified consensus on the forum that the CTS at best with a Volant CAI did 233 RWHP.

Even if they claim they were measuring crank numbers, who measures crank numbers when they have a wheel dyno?

Although the main deal with the ported TB was to improve throttle response...I have never seen anyone complain about throttle response in this car.

So what does this product really do?

I have no clue, that's why you will not find it on either Vmax's site nor on Rx's site.

It's just vaporware.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn..I bought a throttle body and sent it in...its been 23 days and *crickets* haven't heard shit.... Not very stoked at this point

·
Registered
03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
1,503 Posts
They used my car for the testing..I agree the dyno showing crank numbers was not something I agreed with and I even mentioned it but nothing was done..The only dyno runs I ever did with them was on the TB. As for the other stuff, my butt dyno says it works,,but whose to judge that over the internet..

To me, I believe 300 crank is on the dot..which would put me right about 250-255 at the wheel..Although I've never had my car on a dyno again to see actual wheel numbers...take it as you wish..

read the other thread I posted on too for an update..

·
Registered
2007 CTS Sport 3.6
256 Posts
Well I just put my order in for the Iceolator today, hopefully it gets here in reasonable time so I can get this fat pig goin down he street a lil better.

·
Registered
07' CTS-V | 07' Lux 3.6 Volant-Borla-Vsways | 08' CTS 3.6 DI Performance
969 Posts
They used my car for the testing..I agree the dyno showing crank numbers was not something I agreed with and I even mentioned it but nothing was done..The only dyno runs I ever did with them was on the TB. As for the other stuff, my butt dyno says it works,,but whose to judge that over the internet..

To me, I believe 300 crank is on the dot..which would put me right about 250-255 at the wheel..Although I've never had my car on a dyno again to see actual wheel numbers...take it as you wish..

read the other thread I posted on too for an update..
Tlorenzen you're butt dyno must be way off man.

Fom 255 HP at the flywheel to 300 HP is a big jump for this car that's a sizeable power bump, that's 0-60 in almost 5.7~5.8 seconds and you would be in low 14's for the quarter mile at least.

I doubt you will find much first gen CTS's cracking the 280 HP barrier without some serious modding to the engine and what not.

As for the rest of us even with the best ready bolt-ons the market has to offer (i.e intake catback, better flowing exhausts..etc) the market has to offer together we are probably sitting at no more than 265-270 Max

Trust me if this CTS made 300 HP you would know it, 45 HP shows up in 0-60 and 1/4 times without a doubt.

·
Registered
03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
1,503 Posts
Tlorenzen you're butt dyno must be way off man.

Fom 255 HP at the flywheel to 300 HP is a big jump for this car that's a sizeable power bump, that's 0-60 in almost 5.7~5.8 seconds and you would be in low 14's for the quarter mile at least.

I doubt you will find much first gen CTS's cracking the 280 HP barrier without some serious modding to the engine and what not.

As for the rest of us even with the best ready bolt-ons the market has to offer (i.e intake catback, better flowing exhausts..etc) the market has to offer together we are probably sitting at no more than 265-270 Max

Trust me if this CTS made 300 HP you would know it, 45 HP shows up in 0-60 and 1/4 times without a doubt.
It probably is off lol...maybe its the beer who knows...honestly I think why I cant break below 14.5 is the transmission...I shift into fourth at like 90 and the car just dies for the last few hundred feet. And it takes forever to shift into fourth for some reason...probably on its last leg lol.

I'll try to get a gopro vid of the tac going into fourth WOT and see what you think.

Maybe I'll get it back on the dyno one of these days so y'all can prove me wrong :)

·
Registered
2007 CTS Sport 3.6
256 Posts
You need a tune, the stock tune is crap compared to a custom tune say from HPtuner or the like. These tune have the capability to unlock so much potential out of a car, not only will it unlock power it will also run 10Xs better and help with the MPGs. I'm still waiting for my buddy to free up time to get to work on my STS tune with his HPtuner.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L
108 Posts
If anyone wants a non vmax intake spacer, I just installed one I got from MACE Engineering. Price was similar.
Low end torque and power has a nice increase.

Fantastic customer service. Highly recommended over RevExtreme/Vmax.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts