Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
You guys got me leaning towards the DTC's. I like the 70/60, front/rear and it makes sense. Found a seller on ebay that has them for $298 F and $179 R, so figure $477 shipped. That's $50 less than the Porterfields and $80 less than the Carbotechs. AAIIIC and bigjim, I hear you that these have reasonable wear, how are they on the rotors?

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I didn't have enough track time on those pads to see wear. But I did have a LOT of miles on DTC-30s as my DD pad. At least 30,000 miles, anyway. Sold the V with over 45,000 miles, still on the original rotors...

·
Registered
2011 CTS V Coupe 700HP, Turbocharged 99 STS 700+HP
165 Posts
I was using Performance friction 08 compound pads and they worked great. Lasted all season, but they only made a limited # of pads as they were a prototype and are not making them any more. I tried the DTC70/60 set up with 275x35x18 Continental race slicks on all 4 corners. I went through the front pads in 3 hard track days and they didn't stop as well as the Performance pads. I am looking to see what other options are out there and am open to hear others opinions.

Do you know approx. what your lap times were at the VIR event? Just curious.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I was using Performance friction 08 compound pads and they worked great. Lasted all season, but they only made a limited # of pads as they were a prototype and are not making them any more. I tried the DTC70/60 set up with 275x35x18 Continental race slicks on all 4 corners. I went through the front pads in 3 hard track days and they didn't stop as well as the Performance pads. I am looking to see what other options are out there and am open to hear others opinions.

No idea on the lap times. I'm going to for next time though. I don't expect to be setting any records, but do expect to get better over time.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,405 Posts
Try Raybestos ST43s or ST47s. I ran the ST43s at a couple events last year and was very, very impressed, and they seem to wear great. Not cheap, though - I think I paid almost $400 for the fronts.

2:13 flat off my ChaseCam video. I'm sure there's more time to be had.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Try Raybestos ST43s or ST47s. I ran the ST43s at a couple events last year and was very, very impressed, and they seem to wear great. Not cheap, though - I think I paid almost $400 for the fronts.

2:13 flat off my ChaseCam video. I'm sure there's more time to be had.
Thanks. Will check them out.

Ran at VIR last November and did a 2:10. Only second time at track. My favorite Track is Mid Ohio. Only 2 hours from me. Already have 5 events scheduled this season.

·
Registered
165 Posts

Doesn't look like they make them for 2nd gen V. Our Calipers aren't the same. Where did you get them?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,405 Posts
Wouldn't happen to know part # for front pads?
Looks like MARK already tracked them down, but for anyone else that might stumble across this, the front pad part number on the box is AP 1405. (The FMSI # is D1405, so the part number makes sense.)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looks like MARK already tracked them down, but for anyone else that might stumble across this, the front pad part number on the box is AP 1405. (The FMSI # is D1405, so the part number makes sense.)
Hmm. The part # I found was RC 1405 ST43

41 - 52 of 52 Posts