Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I would like to ask you guys what kind of products/tools you use in order to keep the vynil roofs on your caddys fresh, clean and in well looking order. Are there any products you recommend or dissuade from using? I have a 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.
Best Regards,
CaddyTom

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Tom, You're 15 and buzzing around in a Fleetwood already!?!? Good for you! I use "303" on my vinyl top which is like sunscreen. Keeps a low sheen and preserves your classic all American vinyl. Dave

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
I use Murphy's Oil Soap. Its primary use is for the cleaning and conditioning of wood surfaces, but is also good for leather and vinyl. Just use it on a damp rag and rub it into the top. It works great on leather seats too (if you have them). eHow.com has an article on cleaning leather.

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Hi, It's fun to look up 303 on the internet - - I've used it on boats for a decade and a half which is how I found out about it. I've used it on cars too and it keeps the plastic and vinyl from becoming dull and disintegrating. If your car is exposed to the sun 303 really does preserve an old car from drying out and looking old.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,738 Posts
That's a good thing to know. My whole car is leather pretty much, and Florida sun doesn't like that about it. lol Kudos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts