Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Vinyl repair!!

Tags
repair vinyl
879 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  luxurylife33 
#1 ·
Does anyone know about vinyl repair on the dashboard? I bought the soap, the cleaner after using the soap and some sem vinyl paint for my dash. What happen was i used the scuff pad to scuff up the vinyl, then i washed it with water. Then I used the cleaner and scrubbed off the cleaner. After a coat of paint it started to bubble up all around the edges. So i cut some of the vinyl out with a razor and repeated the same steps. Once again it started to bubble on the corners. I did this 2 more times and it just gets worse and worse what should i do?!:banghead:

Should I cut out a sqaure section of my vinyl and just paint the whole square section?

#4 ·
this really sucks i know... i did it about 2 months ago and im still trying to locate a fresh piece... there was a local selling on the day i ****ed it up and he stopped answering his phone! you would think vinyl paint is good for vinyl.... apparently not GM vinyl .... i mite try a DBC basecoat system, although its almost $100 for the paint alone ... f*ck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.