Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood, 1998 Cadillac Deville
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I just ordered the vinyl (Driftwood) which should be here next week. I want to do a sunroof also. What brand and size should I go with??? Also, are there any other parts that I would need to give to the Auto Body shop??? I'm missing the moulder trim that goes around the vinyl in the rear, so I gotta buy it from the dealer. Sorry for the loaded thread...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, today I got a quote for a Vinyl top replacement and Sunroof install for $2300 plus tax. The economy is really in a bine these days. Does that sound about right??? He said the whole process would take a week...

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,389 Posts
Maybe it is just me, but I think you are crazy to put that money into a sunroof. You could buy another Fleetwood with a factory sunroof for that price. Just get your vinyl done. It should be a few hundred, max.

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,671 Posts
That is way up there in price, try another company. I wouldn't expect to pay more then 13. I got a quote of 700 to replace my top without a sunroof.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah... Maybe it would be cheaper if I can provide the sunroof. The sunroof only from Webasto is 1500. It's crazy..

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Prices for replacing vinyl roofs are all over the place and if it is the factory kind of sunroof that slides inside the car instead of up over the roof those can be pricey. That's one part I would definately have whoever is going to install it provide. If you get one that that won't fit the car or doesn't work you're paying more labour to deal with it or even worse end up with a big hole hacked into the roof you can't do anything about. Just to save a bit of money. Aftermarket sunroofs look horrible. If you really want one that bad do what Jay said and hold out until you find a car that actually has a factory one to begin with.

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,671 Posts
It may be cheaper to find a junk car that has one and cut the complete top off, put it on yours and have the vinyl redone.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, the installer explain the whole process. He said he wouldn't have anything to do with it if I want to use a used sunroof. He said it would cost more for welding. At least I tried to save a buck, lol. @ Brougham- It's too late to be looking for a junked FWB, I spent a year looking for one and gave up and got this one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts