Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2016 ELR
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have seen this topic covered in this forum, here's a link ELR Option Codes

It looks like the 14's were covered but the 16's were not. I would like to start one for the 16's so we know what the option codes are for this model year and people can use it when they shop for one which I wish I have had myself. If you'd like, please post the first 6 digits of you VIN along with any options that you know of like ACC, performance package, Kona interior, etc..

Once I take delivery of my car, I will post mine below.

I'm particularly interested what your vin code is if you have ACC

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have seen this topic covered in this forum, here's a link ELR Option Codes

It looks like the 14's were covered but the 16's were not. I would like to start one for the 16's so we know what the option codes are for this model year and people can use it when they shop for one which I wish I have had myself. If you'd like, please post the first 6 digits of you VIN along with any options that you know of like ACC, performance package, Kona interior, etc..

Once I take delivery of my car, I will post mine below.
Here you go https://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/2016-Cadillac-ELR-Order-Guide.pdf
Also you can give your Cadillac dealer your VIN# and they will print you out the build sheet for your car with all the options and other info. They can also print the service history showing everything that's been done to your car(by GM).

·
2016 ELR
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here you go https://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/2016-Cadillac-ELR-Order-Guide.pdf
Also you can give your Cadillac dealer your VIN# and they will print you out the build sheet for your car with all the options and other info. They can also print the service history showing everything that's been done to your car(by GM).
Thanks for the info. I've actually paid to print out the Monrone label for my car as I do for any car I'm serious of buying. The only reason I ask is because during my shopping for this car, I've ran across a few where the dealer sent me the build sheet and ACC was not listed on the build sheet nor was it included in the Monrone label, but then the salesman claimed it did have ACC and actually showed me photographic/video proof of the feature in action during a test drive. When I asked him why it wasn't in the build sheet, he claimed he didn't know.

So from your information, the 16's are not like the 14's where you can see the option from the VIN alone? Since you have the performance version, is the 5th letter on your VIN M as well as it is on mine, also do you have ACC?

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the info. I've actually paid to print out the Monrone label for my car as I do for any car I'm serious of buying. The only reason I ask is because during my shopping for this car, I've ran across a few where the dealer sent me the build sheet and ACC was not listed on the build sheet nor was it included in the Monrone label, but then the salesman claimed it did have ACC and actually showed me photographic/video proof of the feature in action during a test drive. When I asked him why it wasn't in the build sheet, he claimed he didn't know.

So from your information, the 16's are not like the 14's where you can see the option from the VIN alone? Since you have the performance version, is the 5th letter on your VIN M as well as it is on mine, also do you have ACC?

Thanks
Hi, the 14's are different than the 16's. The 5th digit M means it has the Sport Package. It will have an L if it's not Sport. I have two 16's, a black and a silver, with all three options(Kona, ACC ,and Sport Package). The only digits the same after the M is the 4 after the E and the GU. The only way to tell about ACC is the build sheet and the display saying "adaptive cruise engaged" and the emblem looks a little different. I've had some salesmen think the headlight emblem with the A by it was ACC but it is for the automatic headlights.

·
2016 ELR
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, the 14's are different than the 16's. The 5th digit M means it has the Sport Package. It will have an L if it's not Sport. I have two 16's, a black and a silver, with all three options(Kona, ACC ,and Sport Package). The only digits the same after the M is the 4 after the E and the GU. The only way to tell about ACC is the build sheet and the display saying "adaptive cruise engaged" and the emblem looks a little different. I've had some salesmen think the headlight emblem with the A by it was ACC but it is for the automatic headlights.
Man your stable of cars seem solid, wish I had the Kona and ACC!

Just took delivery of my 16 Performance and I definitely don't have ACC, which is a shame, might call the dealer to see if it's something that can be retrofitted after the fact by them.

To activate yours, do you put it on cruise then hold down the cancel cruise for 3 seconds or is it a different procedure?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Man your stable of cars seem solid, wish I had the Kona and ACC!

Just took delivery of my 16 Performance and I definitely don't have ACC, which is a shame, might call the dealer to see if it's something that can be retrofitted after the fact by them.

To activate yours, do you put it on cruise then hold down the cancel cruise for 3 seconds or is it a different procedure?
You turn on the cruise, then just hit the set button like normal. Automatically goes to ACC.

·
2016 ELR
16 ELR
84 Posts
You don't even turn on cruise. You just push SET when you get to your desired speed and it automatically starts cruise in ACC.

·
2016 ELR
2016 ELR
322 Posts
Unfortunately it cannot be retrofitted, I checked with the dealer. I would do it if it could be done. The nice thing is that the toggle switch is right where my thumb is so I just kinda thumb it up and down for speed for poor man's ACC when going down the road.... At least it's semi convenient when you don't have the cool feature... Always have to be multi-tasking...

·
2016 ELR
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately it cannot be retrofitted, I checked with the dealer. I would do it if it could be done. The nice thing is that the toggle switch is right where my thumb is so I just kinda thumb it up and down for speed for poor man's ACC when going down the road.... At least it's semi convenient when you don't have the cool feature... Always have to be multi-tasking...
Well that blows! I was hoping it would be like the CT6 plug in missing the heated steering wheel and people just buying the standard wheel w/ the heated button option and it working! I'm not on highway a lot so it's not a total loss, just wish I had the option on my drive home of 3 hours bumper to bumper traffic.

·
Registered
2014 ELR fully loaded baby!
120 Posts
It's worthless anyway in my opinion. Even on the closest setting the car lags so far behind people just cut in front of you and it slows down. Only time I use it is when I'm not in a hurry otherwise I get too pissed off and have to intervein. Also the car doesn't have the ability to completely stop itself unless your speed is low.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think only the 2016 have the automatic braking. With mine set it will completely stop and stay there until the car ahead moves. Never have to touch the brakes or throttle.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,740 Posts
My 2014 does auto braking, same as Barfalo described. Car in front slows, my car slows. It stops, my car stops. Tap accelerator to go follow the car again, it will resume set follow automatically. I also find the three set distances are very good, "near" is really too close for other cars to cut in. Overall, I'm very happy with ACC, and would probably never buy a newer car without it. I used cruise on previous cars constantly, and was always tapping up and down on the speed control to perfect my trailing distance.

·
Registered
2014 ELR fully loaded baby!
120 Posts
Yes mine applies the brakes and will stop completely if I'm not going very fast but at freeway speeds it will NOT stop on it's own. I do believe it even says it in the manual but I don't remember so I could be wrong, I'll look it up later. Jay yours must be calibrated differently than mine cause people cut in on me all the time. UPDATE On page 9-39 of the manual it says " ACC has limited braking ability and may no have time to slow the vehicle down enough to avoid a collision" I've tried it and on the freeway you better be ready to hit the brakes!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts