Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
None
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of buying this car and wanted to see if anyone had access to look up its vin number or give me any advice on it. 62K miles asking price is $26,000.00. Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
193 Posts
Go to your local Cadillac dealer and contact the service department. Tell them you are thinking about buying. Give them the vin and they will read you the service history. Listen carefully. They will not give you the print out but you can tell if it has major repairs. I seriously doubt it, but worth checking. These cars are like hot rod tanks...

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
Go to your local Cadillac dealer and contact the service department. Tell them you are thinking about buying. Give them the vin and they will read you the service history. Listen carefully. They will not give you the print out but you can tell if it has major repairs. I seriously doubt it, but worth checking. These cars are like hot rod tanks...
^^^^ This
Maybe listen for if the hubs have been replaced, shifter replaced, cats replaced. Those are the common items that I know for these cars.

Things I found out after I bought:
  • When you test drive, listen for road noise. Tires can and will cause some, but if there is notable noise start doing some deeper testing. Turn corners and listen for if the sound changes or you hear/feel grinding. (Putting your fingers/thumb on the center of the steering wheel will transmit chassis vibration well compared to the soft leather wheel, THIS trick I found after owning mine.)
  • Pay special attention to the shifter going into park and turning car off. Keep the doors closed and shut it off, the dash should instantly go dark when you hit the dash button to turn off. Delay or dinging when you hit off is a potential warning sign of failing park sensor in the shifter. If it works properly or not try starting the car and shifting in/out of park a few times and make sure it works every time.
Don't let this scare you away.
The hubs and shifter are ~$200 each and if you are all mechanical can do in your driveway. Manifolds are more $ but also not as common to fail. I will say I have worked on my V more in the 3 months I have owned it than any other car I have owned in the last 5 years. BUT, these few issues were common ones some of which I did not know how to effectively look for and now that they are done will be good for a long time. Unknown problems are not uncommon when buying a used car. The good thing is that they are very simple to work on and the parts pricing has not been out of rediculous, unlike something like a Benz, Honda, Acura etc what take special tooling and an engineering degree to work on.

You will struggle to find any car available with all the features of an STS in the price range and the V's add a bunch of power and are just a blast to drive! Comfortable, plush and refined until you drop your right foot. To steal an old rap Cliche "Lady on the streets and a freak in the sheets"

·
Registered
2007 STS V
97 Posts
Thinking of buying this car and wanted to see if anyone had access to look up its vin number or give me any advice on it. 62K miles asking price is $26,000.00. Thanks.
$26K U.S.? What year? I would do that for a 2009 with 62k miles but for a 6 or 7 I think that's a few grand high. I got my 07 for about 4k less from a dealer last year, similar mileage. Think 20 or 21 if it's an 06-07

12,778 Posts
Hey agustinjosephcruz,

Thank you for your interest in the Cadillac STS-V! I have sent you a private message with the build options that are available. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further assist you.

Best,

Alex H.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4
1,417 Posts
This car is located at Ford/Lincoln of Franklin in Franklin, TN (I have it on the registry). It is a Black Raven/Ebony car.

As mentioned, you can go into any GM dealer, give them the VIN#, and they can run a GM VIS report. The report will not only give you service history, but you can also get the entire history of the car from the time the first screw was turned on it, as it made it's way down the assembly line and passed checkpoints in addition to any time it's been in contact with GM or a GM dealership. Since there is no owner/personal information about it, I don't get what the big deal of secrecy is around some of the dealerships being jackwads in regards to running it for a customer. We'd/I'd do them back when I was in service, especially when you come in and explained why you were looking for it. Especially if they ran a CarFax in addition and our dealership name came up on it because the car came through at some point in time. A car like an STS-V, or similar low-production, "niche" car, many of us actually remembered and would be able to expound on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts