Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in a 2005 cts-v and its completely stock and after a cruise when i shut it off it makes a loud squeak and i noticed it and started it up to hear it and it did it on start up.... any suggestions... thanks for any info

the video shows it starting at first then i put the cam outside to show the shut down a lil better, kinda hard to hear
since i have no posts it wont let me put links but just take out the 3 spaces from the link

ht tp://ww w.youtube.com/w atch?v=R_cDxHrjTUI

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Check the belt tensioner/serp belt tightness and take a look at your crank pulley while the engine is running.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it looked at all of it and belt felt good and crank pulley looked fine but i put in some ultramount motor mounts in a couple of weeks ago and thats were it sounds like its coming from but still not sure

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys i think i finally figured it out... its the motor mounts im purty sure of it cause i just had some ultra mounts installed but i dont know if they didnt oil them correctly of the heat shield shifted but imma take it back to the shop and make them make it right..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts