Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V platinum/blk.
1,227 Posts
I had my doors blown off by a 2002 Camaro SS (basically a TA WS6).......and I mean BLOWN OFF..........passed me like I was driving in reverse. Got to chat with the owner after the fact, turns out his LS1 had received a deep-tissue massage by twin-turbos. Thing was ferocious!

·
Registered
193 Posts
What's the base horsepower on the WS6? I'm sure it's just as heavy if not heavier than the V. I got a feeling the V driver got caught in 5th gear or something.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
The V should have stomped it, definately not stock...but nice nonetheless.

F

·
Registered
05 cts v 06 2.8 cts
192 Posts
Sorry to say ... Buddy has a96 hopped up 383 stroker exhaust diff wide slicks. HE made me look like i had a daewoo AND aCRAPPY ONE at that.!!!!!:banghead:

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
152 Posts
Get that solid rear and 12" disk brake set up on the twisties and it will not be close, stock motor or not.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Why would someone treat a Queen like a whore? That video made be burp vomit....
Hey, I got an idea, why doesn't someone put big tires on the V and jump wrecked cars at the MonsterTruck show, too!!!!

Using the V for that video purpose is akin to using a Samurai sword to chop down a tree....sure it can be done, but it doesn't make it a good idea.

And I really must give those drivers some credit....I mean, I shudder at the skill involved to step on the gas pedal and keep the wheel straight....WOW!!!! Now I can tell my grandmother that she can be a street racer, too, and not even have to practice!!!!
I think someone even shifted gears!!!!! F'kin A!!!! That's awesome!!!!
Even better than watching a tractor-pull....

-ace

·
Registered
05 cts v 06 2.8 cts
192 Posts
You are absolutely right !!! Try telling all the farmers i see that a caddy will out handle there 78 gran prix .... AND THEY WILL ARGUE WITH YOU!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
none
302 Posts
The WS6 will Dyno about the same as a stock C5 despite the 30-45 hp delta of the HP rating. (determined by the year)

I raced several F Bods in my C5 at the dragstrip that would run 12.9-13.1 all day at 106-108--- stock.

The right driver could take a V.

Now if the conversation turns to debating the better car...that would just make me LOL.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
BowenCT said:
325 to be exact for 2002 WS6 :D

The Camaro SS and Firebird Firehawks for 2002 could be as high as 345 stock if you got late production cars with the updated airbox, but that was the highest stock HP available for any late model F body.

Nice vid. I will tell you that there are plenty of stock 0-60 times floating around of these cars doing a 4.9. Also I have seen plenty of dyno runs from stock F bodies putting down over 310 ponies on the ground. GM way underrated these cars for years. That being said, the V should still take them stock to stock.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Bowen,was it an orange ss? I saw one one the highway that ran away from me at like 90. Definately had a large hissing noise when he went by. The chances of it beig the same guy are slim but worht a shot.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Kadonny said:
325 to be exact for 2002 WS6 :D

The Camaro SS and Firebird Firehawks for 2002 could be as high as 345 stock if you got late production cars with the updated airbox, but that was the highest stock HP available for any late model F body.
2001 models made more horsepower than any other year (a few more than the 2002s). My 2001 Z28 dynoed at 310rwhp which is a lot more than 345 at the crank. The 2001s were so close to the Corvettes speedwise that GM detuned the 2002s via tuning a bit.

That being said the airbox had nothing to do with any increases in horsepower. Different cams, tuning, exhaust manifolds and slightly better flowing heads were the reasons for the increases in hp.

BowenCT said:
Yeah right! Try 350+hp for the 2001-02 models, and about 340hp for the 1998-2000 models.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts