Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Escalades that have the overhead DVD player, have the 3 inputs located behind the center console. You can use these for an AUX input if you want to play music with your iPod. My truck does not have these inputs, can they be added? :bonkers:

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
45 Posts
I just bought my new Escalade and trying to figure out the rear inputs as well. I do have them but do not the overhead DVD player. I thought I could just plug a device in and watch on the AUX screen on my DVD Nav screen but its not working.

Installed the Coastaltech device but didnt get the one with extra inputs as I thought I could use the one in the rear. Any advice on how to plug in the rear and watch on the front screen?

·
Registered
Escalade ext
134 Posts
It should work... I watch my dvd on the front screen all the time .... just press the mute button four time within two seconds ... with your player (I use a Zune) plugged into the aux ports ... dvd/nav set to aux and all is good....

·
Registered
Escalade Hybrid AWD
3 Posts
I am having the same problem.

I have one center screen and the DVD plays fine on that as well as the Navigation screen up front.

However, when I try to plug in an IPOD Touch(which plays Videos) using Red, White, Yellow (RCA) cables I only get the sound from the ipod through the speakers, however I can't get the Video to play on either the front Nav screen or the center drop screen.

I checked the settings on my IPOD to make sure video out settings are correct so that can't be the problem.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
45 Posts
Same as me with my ipod. Sound but no video. Screen is on AUX with a Full Screen ICON on it, but when I press that it goes black. I have tried using the mute button as stated, I hear the beep but still no video.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
45 Posts
I have been researching and it looks like us without the RSE needs to reprogram our Head Unit for the U42 Rear Seat Entertainment option to have the rear aux inputs allow video on our Nav screens. But I have no idea how to do this, and not even sure if Cadillac would do this for a customer.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have been researching and it looks like us without the RSE needs to reprogram our Head Unit for the U42 Rear Seat Entertainment option to have the rear aux inputs allow video on our Nav screens. But I have no idea how to do this, and not even sure if Cadillac would do this for a customer.
Very good & logical thought. Let us know what you find out.
I was very disappointed when I went from my 2007 to my 2009 & was looking forward to watching videos from my iPhone on the nav display while waiting for my grand kid to get out of school :hmm:

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
162 Posts
Just tell the dealer it used to work until the battery died. After you jump started it the video aux stoped working...then tell the guy you were told its a U42 code reset from a tech2 device.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts