Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey PhilBooe, I've got a 95SLS too. One question: is the "Rag Top" on your SLS a Factory Install, or Aftermarket? Mine has a Rag Top too (Emerald-Green body and Tan Colored Top) but I bought it used (Program car) so I don't know if it was offered as an option by the factory.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dang it - now I wish I'd put whitewalls on my '92 Seville ... your '95 is a beaut - guess I'd better get off the dime and get some pics of my '92 out there!

Steve

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In regards to the cloth top, I do believe it was factory. My car had one previous owner, who was an older lady - so I doubt she upgraded it aftermarket... I know it's not everyone's taste (I dont know if I would add the option or not if I were buying the car new) BUT now that I have one I like it. I must say I do like my color scheme, silver/black.

Now that I think about it I do remember it listed as an 'option' from the factory on one of the review sites I was reading... I think the option was called "Imitation Convertable". :D What I'd like to know is if anyone has ever converted thier SLS to a REAL convertable - that might be really cool or really bad, who knows.

Phil

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
I have never seen a Seville convertable but I have seen maybe a dozen Eldos. They look OK but I have my doubts on how a Seville would look.

Nice car btw.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You've got a tail light out...

There is a mid-80's Sedan Deville around here that is a full convertible. I would love to catch it some time and try to buy it from the owner. I've seen it several times over the past 5 years. I would at least like to see how they stiffened the chassis enough to remove the roof.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Tail light out

Yeah, I saw the light out... I need to replace it. Also, I fixed the condensation yesterday using the popular drilled holes method... worked great!

BTW, The manual is vauge, how do I replace the tail lights mounted on the trunk?

Phil

·
Registered
113 Posts
You just pull back the inside cover on the trunk and the inner light assemblies are held on by three plastic wing bolts... pretty easy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tremor12 said:
You just pull back the inside cover on the trunk and the inner light assemblies are held on by three plastic wing bolts... pretty easy.
Cool, the truth is I haven't really looked at it that hard yet, just figured I'd ask before I get out there... I think about all the stuff I want to do while I am at work, then went I get home I forget!

Phil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts