Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97eldoradoETC
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have this vibration that i can feel while im driving at different speeds in the steering wheel and either from the floor panel or the gas pedal, ive gone out and bought new front rotors (from orielly's), had them turned when the vibration came back, and had a rotate and balance done @ the gm goodwrench service station (where my car goes all the time)... where they have never said anything to me about needing new rubber. this is driving me crazy, considering i bought this car for the "smooth ride". if anyone can help me out please let me know what to try next.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
tie rod ends, sway bar bushings, sway bar end links, ball joints, intermediate steering shaft, tire out of balance, it's inspect/replace these first...

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
ok so i have this vibration that i can feel while im driving at different speeds in the steering wheel and either from the floor panel or the gas pedal, ive gone out and bought new front rotors (from orielly's), had them turned when the vibration came back, and had a rotate and balance done @ the gm goodwrench service station (where my car goes all the time)... where they have never said anything to me about needing new rubber. this is driving me crazy, considering i bought this car for the "smooth ride". if anyone can help me out please let me know what to try next.

thanks in advance
What speed?

·
Registered
97eldoradoETC
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it just kind of depends on the speed, sometimes its 35-40 in town, and sometimes its 75-80 on the highway. its kinda weird because sometimes it does it and then sometimes it doesnt

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
it just kind of depends on the speed, sometimes its 35-40 in town, and sometimes its 75-80 on the highway. its kinda weird because sometimes it does it and then sometimes it doesnt
It is not at 62 MPH?
It is not from 60 to 70?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,987 Posts
Was it road force balanced? Did they put weights on both the inside AND outside?

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
tie rod ends, sway bar bushings, sway bar end links, ball joints, intermediate steering shaft, tire out of balance, it's inspect/replace these first...
Yup. Chalk the money wasted on the rotors as experience. Warped rotors are found when brakes are applied, not usually while cruising.

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
Yup. Chalk the money wasted on the rotors as experience. Warped rotors are found when brakes are applied, not usually while cruising.
You will never feel a warped rotor if all the brake components are working correctly.
If you ever feel a brake pulsation in the brake pedal it is not a warped rotor!!!!!!
This is a hydraulic feel from thickness variance being too great!
If you have a thick part in the rotor and a thin part it will push the caliper piston in and out. this will transmit into the master cylinder and the pedal.

If the rotor is warped, but the thickness is the same yet the caliper will slide with the warp and you will not feel it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts