Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally posted under the 2014 discussion group but was told I should post here...

Anyone out there having Vibration problems with their 2014 CTS? I just bought a 2014 Coupe and the mechanics have driven it more than me. The tires have been replaced as well as the rotors and the problem still exists. Tires and rims were even swapped from another car and the problem still is there. I'm waiting on a vibration analysis.

·
Registered
2013 CTS4 Premium Coupe |Platinum Ice Tricoat
133 Posts
Don't have a MY14, but do drive a low mileage MY13 AWD that has a very smooth ride. Surely It'll be figured out. Sorry you can't enjoy.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,596 Posts
You got to give us more info. Vibration from where? Engine, tranny, wheels...

·
Registered
Previous:2005 Cadillac XLR; Current:2014 Cadillac CTS Coupe
299 Posts
Picked up my 2014 CTS Coupe in October of last year, haven't had any problems with vibration. Mine had the Performance option w/19 inch wheels, summer tires. Living in Northern Virginia I swapped the summer tires immediately for all season Continentals, so wheels/tires were rebalanced. But I didn't have a problem before or after the change.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mystery at this point where it is coming from. Part of the problem was the rotors, they were replaced along with the tires. (This car is new) You can feel it in the seat and steering wheel, sometimes more, sometimes not as much. I'll post again when the service department tells me more. All I know is this is not the "Cadillac" ride I was expecting, especially from a new car.

·
Registered
Previous:2005 Cadillac XLR; Current:2014 Cadillac CTS Coupe
299 Posts
Did you check the manufacture date? I bought mine in Oct 2014, but it was built in January, "new" meant not driven much, so sat at dealership a lot. What kind of mileage was on it and how long did it sit, rust on rotors, out of round tires... those all create issues , but you said they swapped them out. Then again if it was driven by dealership staff, one pothole could have done you in. Good luck, hope results of their testing straighten it out.

·
Registered
2012 CTS Luxury 3.0 AWD Red
34 Posts
I often feel what seems like vibration at a low speed. But I've never driven AWD before, nor had a car with engine braking. Then there are the pot holes this year. Just seems so different than my other cars

·
Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
996 Posts
My 2013 CTS Coupe has the 19" wheel and performance suspension package--and it has not had any vibration issues. The original tires were replaced with all-season performance Hankook tires that improved the ride and quietness, though neither tires had any vibration issues. Good luck identifying and correcting the situation!

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Believe me, I haven't driven in any potholes....heck hardly driven it at all! :-(

----------

My car has been in the shop for nine days this round and still counting....

12,778 Posts
I often feel what seems like vibration at a low speed. But I've never driven AWD before, nor had a car with engine braking. Then there are the pot holes this year. Just seems so different than my other cars
Hi robtpenn,

An unfamiliar vibration can definitely be unsettling. Have you ever mentioned it to your dealership? If you would like to consult with them, please send a PM my way and I would be happy to assist.

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,143 Posts
Lemon Law. It's time.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,143 Posts
There should be a brochure with the rest of your manuals. Read up on your state laws. Google is your friend here, too.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,596 Posts
My coupe has a low torque vibration when I hold her @1500 RPMs..ONLY! At that RPM of the power bands is at it's "sweet" (sour) spot of the gear changing from a lower to a higher gears. I don't feel it when I step on her (0 to 70 mph...), just the growl!!!

·
Registered
2011 CTS CPE
201 Posts
2011 performance cpe w/ 19" wheels & FE3. Have had a vibration in the front wheels since purchase (new). Have had two different sets of tires installed (Michelin and Continental). These tires have been balanced by three different shops, one of which was at the dealer. When the dealer got done the vibration was worse than when I brought the car to the dealer. After four years, I gave up. Only good thing going for this car is it's appearance.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update - It is now two weeks that I am without my car. After finally doing a vibration analysis, they say three of the four tires are bad. This is after they were already changed out with new ones, and also swapped rims and tires with a similar car and the problem never went away. So to say the least, I'm not sure putting new tires on it again, is going to really solve the problem....updates to follow

----------

Not the story I want to hear but worried I'm going down the same road.

·
Registered
14,143 Posts

·
Registered
14,143 Posts
You're welcome. Seriously, I would, at the very least, pose some questions to the dealer about the lemon laws in your state, just to "discreetly" let them know the direction you are headed (if you are headed that way).

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,337 Posts
Looking at this logically....
They swapped out all 4 tires with another vehicle and the problem did not go away. The assumption here is that the wheels and tires from the other vehicle were good. If this is the case, they have just eliminated the wheels and tires as the problem. Now they are telling you 3 tires are bad after already buying new tires, and swapping out the other car's wheels and tires? This just doesn't add up to me.

My advice...DO NOT let them sell you more new tires. Follow the logic of the swapped out wheels and tires. Ask them to put your wheels and tires on another car and prove the problem follows your wheels and tires to the other car. If the vibration does not exist on the other car with your wheels and tires, then that's NOT the problem. All this involves is less time than selling you three new tires. Less cost involved too.
If the vibration truly does follow to the other car with your wheels and tires, then also suspect a bad wheel.

And like tinman said, broach the subject of lemon laws. Start getting EVERY scrap of documentation you have and walk in the dealership with the folder of paperwork. Handwrite notes while you speak to the service adviser and mechanic and show them that you are adding the notes to your folder of documentation. Demonstrate you are going to follow this through and you have the paperwork to prove it. Even now, write down all you can recall from previous conversations and add it to the folder. Coming prepared to fight the battle is the best thing you can do. If you didn't keep all the previous receipts, ask the dealer to print the complete history so you can add it to the folder.

I wish you the best of luck here.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts