Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Escy .2014 SRX... 2015i Escy Plat
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all.
1- Anyone with a vibration issue on this forum please contact me through private message. Ive heard from so many of you but please continue so we can
build the list. We know this forum is a tiny percentage of all the owners buying these vehicles but if 1 out of 10 on here have the issue can you imagine
how big the issue is.

2- My Newborn cannot be in back seat of my 2015 escy Platinum. The vibration over 69mph+ is too much for her at 2 weeks old because of
the "head-shake". This has obviously taken this issue to a new safety level.

3- Cadillac's official response?
Here we go… I was contacted by private message from Customer service. They will not put me in touch with management. Customer service won't "admit" (obviously) that theres an issue only that they are looking into it. I have been passed on to multiple people who keep asking me the same question. Please provide your "VIN and contact info".I have asked for them to buy back my car .. Their response? "We dont have that authority" . I then say put me in touch with someone who can and their
response? "talk to your dealer"…. Round and round we go.

4- If Cadillac is going to ignore the health and safety of newborns then I'm sure there are people out there who would be very interested in that situation.

There are always going to issues with cars. Ive been on this forum since 06. Ive purchased over 8 escalades for myself through the years. I just purchased a srx for my wife. Im as loyal of a customer as there is.

What is fair?
fix the vehicle- which they said they have no solution for.
or take back my escalade and ill purchase a new one with no issues.

I will demand that the gets taken care of but I would have thought with everything GM has gone through the last thing they would want is a safety issue
that they have ignored.

S

·
0 Posts
This is what I don't understand about GM. I am on my fifth Escalade ESV, this one is a 2013 Platinum. I've had zero issues and problems with all five ESV's. GM is continuing to produce a $95,000 + vehicle that shakes and vibrates at speed? Are they listening to this forum and the client complaints? What are they doing to remedy these problems?

·
Registered
36 Posts
First of all.
1- Anyone with a vibration issue on this forum please contact me through private message. Ive heard from so many of you but please continue so we can
build the list. We know this forum is a tiny percentage of all the owners buying these vehicles but if 1 out of 10 on here have the issue can you imagine
how big the issue is.

2- My Newborn cannot be in back seat of my 2015 escy Platinum. The vibration over 69mph+ is too much for her at 2 weeks old because of
the "head-shake". This has obviously taken this issue to a new safety level.

3- Cadillac's official response?
Here we go… I was contacted by private message from Customer service. They will not put me in touch with management. Customer service won't "admit" (obviously) that theres an issue only that they are looking into it. I have been passed on to multiple people who keep asking me the same question. Please provide your "VIN and contact info".I have asked for them to buy back my car .. Their response? "We dont have that authority" . I then say put me in touch with someone who can and their
response? "talk to your dealer"…. Round and round we go.

4- If Cadillac is going to ignore the health and safety of newborns then I'm sure there are people out there who would be very interested in that situation.

There are always going to issues with cars. Ive been on this forum since 06. Ive purchased over 8 escalades for myself through the years. I just purchased a srx for my wife. Im as loyal of a customer as there is.

What is fair?
fix the vehicle- which they said they have no solution for.
or take back my escalade and ill purchase a new one with no issues.

I will demand that the gets taken care of but I would have thought with everything GM has gone through the last thing they would want is a safety issue
that they have ignored.
For what it's worth, we don't know if it's a small percentage of owners that have experienced this issue. If anything, it appears to be an alarming number of owners who post in these forums. As for the other 1000s of owners and if they are experiencing this issue, hard to know. GM certainly hasn't acknowledged it formally but that doesn't mean it isn't a very large scale issue.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
155 Posts
My thought is if it was a small number they would reach out to us and swap trucks FAST!!!!!!!!!!. If it was a large number then I would think they would play the silent game and let those owners deal with the dealer and play (we are helping the dealer with anything they need)

It's real simple in the big picture. Fly the GM engineer in and he does not leave the service dept at the dealer until the owner says the truck is fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they can't fix it then offer them a swap. (Am i missing something????) I bought mine 8/ 2014

Joey

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
Have you done a wheel balance on all 4 wheels? Most of the vibration can be solved by the wheels being properly balanced.

Also have you considered changing the tires? Continentals are very solid tires and has less vibrations from what I have experienced.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
396 Posts
Have you done a wheel balance on all 4 wheels? Most of the vibration can be solved by the wheels being properly balanced.

Also have you considered changing the tires? Continentals are very solid tires and has less vibrations from what I have experienced.
What brand tires are they putting on the 2015i's?

·
Registered
15 Escalade Plat SC, 14 CTS VSport Prem, 15 Range Rover SC
679 Posts
your saying the vibration is so bad that it's dangerous to a baby? No offense, but I find that pretty hard to believe. Could you post a video of the car above 70mph so we can see exactly how bad it is in the cabin?

im a new parent and a platinum owner as well, and my baby spends all day bouncing around in his bouncer chair, that's what babies do. The vehicle would have to be violently shaking out of control for it to be dangerous to a baby I would think.

·
Registered
2011 CTSV Sedan, 2015 Escalade
30 Posts
Here is the response I got from Cadillac on my vibrating 87K truck.......

Hello Tony,

I apologize for the late response on my end. I had an internal resource looking into your situation further. After discussion with an internal team and your dealership, unfortunately at this time the vehicle is operating as designed. I realize this is not the ideal resolution. I've brought your concerns to an internal team's attention and they are looking into it. If new information becomes available your dealership will know and will be able to further assist you. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Again, truly apologize for the inconvenience.

Katie O.
Cadillac Customer Care

With this being said and also seeing other guys on here go through tires, wheels, differentials, driveshafts, shocks, shock mounts, road force balancing, etc....I would take your truck back to the dealer and tell them to buy it back on the grounds your spoke of on these forums and don't take no for and answer. I took mine back and went to another brand. Unfortunately I have been GM loyal my entire life but I won't be a guinea pig at any price point. They launched this model way to soon and had no choice, they were losing tons of money not having this truck on the road. They build 6000 a week in Texas at an average price of 70K between the 3 brands on this platform which equals 420 million a week. That being said they will deal with the fall out of issues for those who wish to come forward and the ones who think they didn't get one that doesn't vibrate, good for them. I drove 6 trucks including a Denali with 20" wheels on a continental tire that rode like crap too and vibrated. It's a platform problem and they are not addressing it and will not address it since this problem is now 6 months old and there is no fix yet.

As far as the vibration issue, Its not just a vibration, I drove my truck home and I felt sick when I got out of it. The word vibration isn't the exact word I would use. Other owners on here have felt the same sensation as well. Go with your gut and keep your kids out of it. You aren't nuts nor are you the only one feeling what you feel. Think of how many are going through this that aren't on these forums as well.

Also, Michelin doesn't make a tire this size and that is not the problem. The Escalade has been on this Bridgestone since 2007 without any issues like this until the 2015 hit the road.

Good luck

Tony

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,730 Posts
i think it is a tire issue. I had my hybrid before with no issues and after a tire rotation started to have vibration and shaking at exactly 70-75mph. after bringing it back, it was resolved with a wheel alignment and tire balancing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
"I apologize for the late response on my end. I had an internal resource looking into your situation further. After discussion with an internal team and your dealership, unfortunately at this time the vehicle is operating as designed. I realize this is not the ideal resolution. I've brought your concerns to an internal team's attention and they are looking into it. If new information becomes available your dealership will know and will be able to further assist you. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Again, truly apologize for the inconvenience."

This is basically the same response that I got but in reference to me camera. Everything seems to be operating "as designed "
If this is the new "design" with all these various problems , then they win the Giant Lemon award!!!!!!

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
i think it is a tire issue. I had my hybrid before with no issues and after a tire rotation started to have vibration and shaking at exactly 70-75mph. after bringing it back, it was resolved with a wheel alignment and tire balancing.
I've had 2 set of tires, 3 if you count the originals supplied on the car. The second set is the Bridgestones supplied OEM on the GMT900s as those supplied on the 2015 while sharing the same name have a different tread pattern and a stiffer side wall.

I've also had a new set of wheels.

In addition, every suspension component save the coil springs has been replaced, including 2 rear differentials.

The dealer even sent my truck to an independent tire shop just to verify that everything was correct with the road force balance, etc.

My vibration starts in the 35-40 mph range and is constant all the way past 80mph. If it were a tire/wheel issue, common sense should/would dictate that the vibration should/would become worse the faster you go. This vibration is of a constant intensity regardless of speed.

Its also very much road dependent. Part of my commute is on a 4 lane road with an average speed of 40-50mph and it literally rattles the fillings in my teeth, while part of my commute on the interstate its still noticeable but slightly more bearable. I've also taken several short trips and have noticed that on some stretches of roadway, its barely noticeable.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
What brand tires are they putting on the 2015i's?
Same Bridgestone Duelers Alenza H/T.

While the ride in my vehicle is excellent, I am looking to change the tires to something else. I always found Michelins to be much better in comfort, quietness, gripping, and they last longer.
Michelins don't make the 285/45/R22

Continentals, Bridgestones, Yokohamas, Pirellis, etc

here is a link to the list of tires for that specific specs

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=1&autoMake=Cadillac&autoYear=2015&autoModel=Escalade+ESV&autoModClar=&width=285%2F&ratio=45&diameter=22&sortCode=61432&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=S&minLoadRating=S&tab=All

I personally love the Conitnentals. Got very good grip and drives great in very wet conditions.

Keep in mind though, part of the vibration problems can come from the road surfaces.

·
Registered
15i Granite/Kona (bought back)/ '16 Granite/Kona
314 Posts
Do you people really think GM gives a s#it about this issue?
It is a business that has one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel.
Did you forget that they are the ones that knowingly installed faulty ignition switches that killed fifty people?
These big 'utes are lining the company coffers at a rate and time that is very critical for the future of the business.
Right now, with the price of fuel the way it is, they cannot build enough of them fast enough. As long as there is a line up of people to buy them, they will keep producing them, flaws and all, until demand is met, or fuel goes back to $5 a gallon.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,730 Posts
tyresmoker said:
Do you people really think GM gives a s#it about this issue? It is a business that has one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel. Did you forget that they are the ones that knowingly installed faulty ignition switches that killed fifty people? These big 'utes are lining the company coffers at a rate and time that is very critical for the future of the business. Right now, with the price of fuel the way it is, they cannot build enough of them fast enough. As long as there is a line up of people to buy them, they will keep producing them, flaws and all, until demand is met, or fuel goes back to $5 a gallon.
Not an escalade problem.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Do you people really think GM gives a s#it about this issue?
It is a business that has one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel.
Did you forget that they are the ones that knowingly installed faulty ignition switches that killed fifty people?
These big 'utes are lining the company coffers at a rate and time that is very critical for the future of the business.
Right now, with the price of fuel the way it is, they cannot build enough of them fast enough. As long as there is a line up of people to buy them, they will keep producing them, flaws and all, until demand is met, or fuel goes back to $5 a gallon.

Relax, Relax

1 - 20 of 24 Posts