Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my ESV Premium last week. I'm pretty nervous about it after reading all the vibration issues that people are having. Can you tell me if you do have the vibration, if it's on a regularEscalade or the ESV? And did you notice this vibration during your test drive?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
155 Posts
Mine is a regular Lux 80K Escalade that I did not drive it before I bought it in Aug 2014. As soon as I drove it of the lot and home it was vibrating and to this day still does. I thought it was a bad tire or wheel but was wrong. It has 11k miles on it now and has been in the shop many times. No fix yet but still trying.
Test drive yours when it comes in and you will be good to go. Mine Vibrates at 1 mph and up. It never stops. Road surface changes the Vibration a bit.

Joey
Edmond OK

·
Registered
15i Granite/Kona (bought back)/ '16 Granite/Kona
314 Posts
Don't forget to include the drive…4x4 or 4x2.
Not sure if anyone had chimed in with issues with a 4x2 model…..

·
Registered
2015 Escalade Ordered!!
15 Posts
I've had mine for 3 days---300 plus miles---NO ISSUES! Great Car. Lots of technology to learn.

Only thing that makes me mad is the car is literally brand new and I think the steering wheel is crooked. lol How do I fix this!?

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
The 2015i model that you going to have won't have that much of an issue. If you feel some vibration, then 2 things 1) wheels need to be balance and 2) the road surface (while no one has control over, except the govt).

·
Registered
15i Granite/Kona (bought back)/ '16 Granite/Kona
314 Posts
The 2015i model that you going to have won't have that much of an issue. If you feel some vibration, then 2 things 1) wheels need to be balance and 2) the road surface (while no one has control over, except the govt).
I have taken two brand new i Denali's on pretty extensive test-drives. Both exhibited vibrations at the same speed (65-70mph). (I also test drove a 6-speed Escalade with a vibration). I am in the asphalt paving business, so I am quite familiar with road surface construction and composition. I can assure you, it is not the road surface that is causing the vibration.

I am really glad to read that very recent deliveries are not experiencing the issue. I am getting tired of waiting!

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
Yeah, but some areas like Rural areas doesn't have great road surfaces. Some parts of I-4 corridor in FL has some rough patches which hasn't been fixed when leaving the city limits.

Again, wheels that aren't properly balanced can contribute to the vibrations. If that didn't solve it, then the Shocks, differential, and transfer case need to be checked.

·
Registered
17 Escalade,17 Chevy SS,88Corvette,71Corvette
458 Posts
2015 Luxury ESV. I have 9k miles on it. Very minor occasional buffeting [email protected] Doesn't happen to frequent.Other than that we love it! No vibration at any other speed.

·
Registered
15 Escalade Plat SC, 14 CTS VSport Prem, 15 Range Rover SC
679 Posts
Very very minor vibration on my 15i, would of never noticed it if people on here hadn't pointed it out. Personally I think it's just the Wisconsin roads.

·
Registered
2015 ESCALADE ESV 2015 CTS 2018 XT5. 2018 CT6
418 Posts
I got mine(4x4 ESV) in June and have no vibration issues. What you have read so far is that this is not a big issue with any of the Escalades. Yes a few owners have vibration but not many. If this unresolved problem of vibration affected a substantial number of customers, this forum would be lit up!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I had vibration at highway speeds on our 2015i Escalade, but dealer eliminated it when they rebalanced the wheels. Vibration is now gone.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
'15 Premium 4x4. Built third week of July.

Had serious vibration upon test drive but noticed tires were inflated to 50psi. Dealer lowered to 32psi and ride was perfect.

First 2 months excellent, but started noticing a body drumming/buffeting noise that grew increasingly worse. Replaced rear differential, and that's when I began to notice the vibrations.

Since have had another rear differential, 2 sets of tires, set of wheels, and all suspension components save the coil springs replaced. Vibration worse than ever. Starts 35-40mph and is relentless.

Waiting for district manager to return so we can finalize buyback.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
I have a Platinum 4WD ESV.
No vibration issues in either 2 or 4 WD in both city or highway driving.
Mine was built on Dec 17th a Wednesday.
Statistically the best day to have a car built.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade
4 Posts
Thats right and you will love it! :)
A note of caution, I have a 2015i Premium 4WD, build in Dec and definitely have the issue(s). Tire re balancing fixed the major vibration at speed issue but I'm siding with a lot of the other posters, i don't think there will be a true fix for the drumming/buffeting.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts