Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS PERFORMANCE
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, just wondereing if anyone had any clue why i feel a vibration at higher speeds in the gas petal. i mean the car is under warranty still , but wanted to have an idea of what is wrong with it. has anyone had this problem? my car is a 2006 DTS Performance. thanks

·
Registered
1997 Mercury Grand Marquis
553 Posts
I've been told its a common thing. Mine does it at all speeds. Not really annoying but it makes you wonder.....

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
925 Posts
Mine did as well until I ditched the Bridgestone Tires. As a matter of fact, I had all kinds of low grade vibrations before I changed to the tires. Now its smooth sailing, except for the ever present road roar, although its bearable under 60mph, which is something I couldn't say for the Bridgestones.

I still get a slight vibration on initial acceleration from stop if I have to fill up with gas containing ethanol. If 100% gas, engine almost unnoticed except at WOT!

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Salesman told me it was a new option designed to compete with cars that have vibrating seats. Heck, I ain't no mechanic.

·
Registered
2001 DeVille(totalled):2007 DTS White Lightning Performance
121 Posts
Mine did as well until I ditched the Bridgestone Tires. As a matter of fact, I had all kinds of low grade vibrations before I changed to the tires. Now its smooth sailing, except for the ever present road roar, although its bearable under 60mph, which is something I couldn't say for the Bridgestones.

I still get a slight vibration on initial acceleration from stop if I have to fill up with gas containing ethanol. If 100% gas, engine almost unnoticed except at WOT!
So what tires did you end up putting on your platinum? are they 18s?

·
Registered
2001 DeVille(totalled):2007 DTS White Lightning Performance
121 Posts
So what tires did you end up putting on your platinum? are they 18s?
YEA I KNOW THEY ARE 18's, but are they instead of OEM 245/50/18 did you dare to try 255/55/18 prolly not... im wondering if it can be done. because i too have felt this jitter in the gas pedal when going over some rough city roads.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
It has crossed my mind to go to a 55 series or maybe even a 60 series.
It should give a better ride because of more / taller sidewall.

I know it will lose a little bit in the handling department...but...I just don't know HOW MUCH it will lose. :) :)

Jim

·
Registered
Cadillac
37 Posts
I have a 07 perf. And the same vibration at highway
speeds and in the gas petal. Dealer called gm got
the ok for 4 new michelin pilot hxmxm4 tires problem
solved car rides like a cadillac should.
Get rid of the bridgestones.... No charge for the
new tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts