Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to post a video of my ongoing vibration. This was shot with my I-phone 6 driving on a brand new interstate road (Black Top). What you see the water doing is what I feel in the steering wheel.
It does this at all speeds and the road surface changes the vibration. I really feel it is not the tires and wheels and something in the rear end or transmission. The rear end is whining at 45mph at soft throttle.

Joey

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it never goes away 100%. some road surface changes the intensity but it never stops 100%. The worst part of this whole deal is the service and engineering lets me leave the dealership each time with it doing this. This is not a problem that you could say is fixed with a straight face. I have been dealing with this since Aug 2014 with many trips to the dealer. I love the truck and just wish they could fix it or just swap Vin #'s with another one just like it. I scratch my head why GM has not just done this since they can't fix it after 5 or 6 trips to service. I now have a new Case # with GM and that was as of Monday when I was told that my problem was going up the chain to a new level. Not sure what that means but now it's Friday and I have not heard anything at all.

Joey

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Note to video maker: turn off radio so we can hear if there is more than just vibration as well as show us pic of the road. That vibration on a leaning bottle doesn't say anything. I can exactly make the same video in my non-vibrating escalade platinum, Range Rover sport or glk350 4matic.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I am not a Video guy and sorry for the radio. There are no nosies to hear so that is why I didn't think of the radio. I will say if your units shake the freaking water on a smooth road like this and that same shaking you feel is in your hands on the steering wheel then you might be working for GM!

Joey

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Joey Rosario said:
Sorry I am not a Video guy and sorry for the radio. There are no nosies to hear so that is why I didn't think of the radio. I will say if your units shake the freaking water on a smooth road like this and that same shaking you feel is in your hands on the steering wheel then you might be working for GM! Joey
Like I said before I don't work for GM. I'm just a car guy that appreciates different brands hence my cadillac, Range Rover, mercedes Benz, honda, mitsubishi and lexus.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem the video made was to show what i feel in the steering not to produce a video for troubleshooting why.

Joey

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
I wish mine was that smooth.

Seriously.

That's mild compared to mine.

Funny thing is 95% of the time I don't feel it in the steering wheel.

Stay on them, at first the District Manager tried to pass it off as me not being accustomed to a firm ride. Fortunately the Service Manager has driven my car multiple times and completely backed me up with both of us repeatedly telling him ithat has nothing to do with a firm ride.

He acquiesced and agreed to terminate the lease. I told him same as you, just swap the VIN#s on my lease. But residuals have changed with the introduction of the 2015i.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
No problem the video made was to show what i feel in the steering not to produce a video for troubleshooting why.

Joey
I agree that your escalade may have some vibration. The dealership gave me an ESV 2015 loaner while they installed the xpel last week and while on the highway, I could definitely feel the vibration. So i thought it could be the 8 speed tranny then i realized it still had the 6speed tranny. downshifting using the manual controls however eliminated the the vibrations. So, maybe it could be a drivetrain tranny and engine mounts that needed to be beefed up?

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
Thank you so much for the video.

Question, you are driving the 2015 with the 6 speed or the 2015i?

Something might be up with the differential.

Have you checked any vibrations in the back seat?

·
Registered
2010 Escy .2014 SRX... 2015i Escy Plat
29 Posts
Great video!! Mine does the same thing,.. Cadillac sent me to one of their dealers and the car has been in for 2 days.. No word yet..

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
That is utterly unacceptable!!! No way in hell is that the way it is supposed to operate.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade Platinum (soon), 2013 Nissan GTR E85 (sold)
49 Posts
I have the same issue but at speeds above 65 mph and up to 85 mph. I haven't pushed it faster than that though. I did notice that my steering wheel alignment is off. It takes a little counter clockwise turn to make it go straight. If the steering wheel is pointed straight up and down then the car will drift towards the right. Not sure if that would contribute to the vibration but they definitely need to address it.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2015 may/june built in summer of 14
I bought in Aug 2014. 6speed trans. I agree the Differential has a problem and told the dealer that the Ring and Pinion was whining at 45mph at light throttle. They told the engineer from GM and he stated that was normal. He said the whine was from V4 mode which is horse crap. Yes he could be correct that it is in V4 mode when it happens however I know what a whine from a ring and pinion is. I told the service manager when I dropped it off and he did not drive my truck or IMHO go to bat for me. The Vibration is in the back area as well.

I think it's time to find another service dealer. I am starting to not feel welcome anymore. :(

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
So.....I have my 15i and I DO hear a "whine" as it winds up or backs down in the lower gears...BUTTTT......is that "abnormal " for a truck with a 420 hp engine and a high tech auto trans?......if it did it at full cruise I would not be happy but that's not happening! Kinda like the heavy rumble of the exhaust when you get on it.....it goes with the territory so to speak. My previous MB GL450....was silky smooth all the time, but it was NOT a truck based SUV ..... I am actually enjoying the Escalade blend of Caddy luxury and truck "build!"......but then I'm a "gearhead" anyway!

·
Registered
15i Granite/Kona (bought back)/ '16 Granite/Kona
314 Posts
I have the same issue but at speeds above 65 mph and up to 85 mph. I haven't pushed it faster than that though. I did notice that my steering wheel alignment is off. It takes a little counter clockwise turn to make it go straight. If the steering wheel is pointed straight up and down then the car will drift towards the right. Not sure if that would contribute to the vibration but they definitely need to address it.
I just returned from Florida, rented a brand new Tahoe LTZ for the week..Freakin steering wheel alignment was off as well. Drove me nuts! After 600 miles, I am back on the fence, I think these things are leaving Arlington half-baked.

The unit was 4x2, and NO vibration to report. Goes back to my original prediction that it is driveline related (4x4).

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
Yeah I am going to wait for the 2016 model. Now they are just rushing things just to fill in orders.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade Platinum (soon), 2013 Nissan GTR E85 (sold)
49 Posts
I just returned from Florida, rented a brand new Tahoe LTZ for the week..Freakin steering wheel alignment was off as well. Drove me nuts! After 600 miles, I am back on the fence, I think these things are leaving Arlington half-baked.

The unit was 4x2, and NO vibration to report. Goes back to my original prediction that it is driveline related (4x4).
I'm with you. There are some serious quality issues that need to be addressed. So far my wife hasn't noticed and she is the primary driver. I just keep my mouth shut and try not to train on her parade. I'll quietly get these addressed.

·
Registered
15i Granite/Kona (bought back)/ '16 Granite/Kona
314 Posts
Are the Tahoe Yukon also electric power steering?
Without too much assumption, I am sure it does.
Also equipped with MRC, which I didn't know was even offered in the Tahoe until I checked the specs on the website...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts