Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o.k. o.k., I have fought it off as long as I can. The 2 coupes are up for sale and the search for the 4 door beast begins. I have a set of sweet "budget":sneaky: AFR 205's and a tiny 220/224 cam just sitting in the garage waiting for a home. Has anyone dynoed the "catbacks" to see if they make power or is it just a sound improvement?? Which one's has resonance?? THANKS, looking forward to this car!

After shopping the hemi charger and g35 sedan, the choice is very clear.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
May I suggest talking to Marcos, he has an 04 with 3500 miles on it, in absolutely pristine condition, stock except for intake. asking 40k

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
Good luck on your search!

You're gonna love it! (and hate it) And then love it again! (repeat)

·
Registered
CTS-V
238 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
you bought a brand new 0 miles V for 40k even?
A number of members of this forum have purchased new or dealer demo (never titled) '04 and '05 Vs for $40k. Some got Caddy certified cars (6yr/100k warranty) for $41k. Used '04s can now be had in the low 30s (or even less for the recent "fire sale" thread car).

As far as exhaust, check the sticky note thread on exhaust.
(see below for a good start)... B&B, Magnaflow, and Corsa CTS-V sound files are available on the manufacturer's site for each.

EXHAUST

FAQ mega-vendor list
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/vmodlist.html

Exhaust poll

Another exhaust thread

lasstss comparo

Zoomers system Home page:http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/

Magnaflow discussion

Bassani

Stock muffler mods

Electric Cutout Mod on Silver Baron's V

Small Borla thread

Good luck selling the cars and finding your V. Should be cheaper prices in the winter (in those parts of the country that have winter, that is).

Brian R.

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
And to try to take a whack at your questions: we've had dyno results everywhere from zero difference up to (as I recall) 15 HP difference. IMO, this is well within the margin of error between two separate runs of the same car on the same dyno. In other words, don't count on a catback system being a power adder for the V.

The B&B is the exhaust that drones for most people at freeway speeds. I have a Corsa exhaust; it doesn't drone at all. The B&B is generally recognized as being a bit louder & throatier sounding than the Corsa at idle; the Corsa is louder than the B&B at wide-open throttle.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replys and links!!! From the sounds of things concerning the rear ends. I will be running the VIN at a dealer just to get some background repair and issue info before laying down the $$.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
you bought a brand new 0 miles V for 40k even?
Had 175 miles (not demo) just test driven a few times. 50 miles of that was my test drive. It was never titled and I got it back in April 04 for $40K even BRAND NEW! It was an 04 that was sitting on the lot for well over a year. :D

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
NEW 04 Black/Black 0 miles available in OH. 440-777-7577 ask for Mike Gabel. (Morris Caddy/GMC) I get my V serviced there.

F

·
Registered
none
302 Posts
10secvette said:
o.k. o.k., I have fought it off as long as I can. The 2 coupes are up for sale and the search for the 4 door beast begins. I have a set of sweet "budget":sneaky: AFR 205's and a tiny 220/224 cam just sitting in the garage waiting for a home. Has anyone dynoed the "catbacks" to see if they make power or is it just a sound improvement?? Which one's has resonance?? THANKS, looking forward to this car!

After shopping the hemi charger and g35 sedan, the choice is very clear.
Tell me about the Vette and Benz or sale...

[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts