Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Veterans Day has a special meaning this year, as we have many of our young Brothers serving in Iraq. No matter our age, or tour of Duty, lets sound off and salute all those who go into harms way for all of us.

Hand Salute!

ljklaiber
Sgt E5...US Army
3Corps AO
Vietnam..1965-1966

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
ljklaiber said:
Veterans Day has a special meaning this year, as we have many of our young Brothers serving in Iraq. No matter our age, or tour of Duty, lets sound off and salute all those who go into harms way for all of us.

Hand Salute!

ljklaiber
Sgt E5...US Army
3Corps AO
Vietnam..1965-1966
Not in the armed forces but i give a salute out to my buddy kevin who is in the Navy. He is now out at see defending the country with many others like him. I give much respect. thank you for our freedom

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JJhomer83 said:
Not in the armed forces but i give a salute out to my buddy kevin who is in the Navy. He is now out at see defending the country with many others like him. I give much respect. thank you for our freedom
Thanx JJ for your reply.

Hand Salute!.... and thanks from all of us to Kevin. This young generation of warriors deserves our support. Gotta be proud of them.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
ljklaiber said:
Thanx JJ for your reply.

Hand Salute!.... and thanks from all of us to Kevin. This young generation of warriors deserves our support. Gotta be proud of them.
what was your duty in the military? They wouldn't take me to go through basic so i didn't join but the stories people tell me are fasinating. My father was a grunt, and my grandfather was a pilot.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
psst.......ljklaiber
Sgt E5...US Army
3Corps AO
Vietnam..1965-1966
Must have missed that part of the post my eyes are decieving me thanks for the obvious one there blackout.
Damn gotta stop drinking at work

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JJhomer83 said:
what was your duty in the military? They wouldn't take me to go through basic so i didn't join but the stories people tell me are fasinating. My father was a grunt, and my grandfather was a pilot.
Grunt type...rode lots of Hueys into both hot and cold LZ's, bought Honda Civic many years later for wife...lost Cadillac to her. I drive the old Civic now...LOL :bonkers: :banghead2

·
Registered
21 Posts
ljklaiber said:

Hand Salute!

ljklaiber
Sgt E5...US Army
3Corps AO
Vietnam..1965-1966
Helicopter pilot
1st Air Cav
Viet-Nam 1967-1968

Flew cargo B-747's into Saudi Arabia in the Gulf War.
Same for this one.

AD

·
Registered
2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS
2,860 Posts
didn't serve, but my gf's older brother's both serve. one is training to be an airborne ranger and the other is in the reserves and was just called up to go to iraq. my thanks goes out too all who serve or have served!!

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Master Corporal
Royal Canadian Light Infantry Reserves
1983-'90

Had some friends go to Iraq (1991), as well as Bosnia, and several others. Had lots of family in WW1 and WW2.

Damn I miss my FN-FAL!

Here is a little something for the Canuck soldiers over in the middle east. Aw heck, I suppose we can share a LITTLE with our American brothers. :D

·
Registered
1997 Deville D'Elgance
461 Posts
Salute

Dad air force (did some time in Turkey / Korea )
Grandpa - WWII
Cousin (Amercian) - Vietnam

God bless everyone in the armed forces

je me souviens

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I havnt been to war, yet. But to all my brothers in the sand box, come home safe. And thank you to all that served before me.

PFC (E-2) usmc

·
Registered
1994 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR
443 Posts
I would like to thank all of you who is/was serving our country. Thank you for defending our freedom. I give you respect since I can't do any better than all of you who served.
I want to thank my friend Solomon and Richchat who join the army last year. May god bless them and return them back home safe.
Long Live America!!!!!!
Hand Salute :worship:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thank You

Could never do what you have done for all of us. I sleep safe and free at night-every night. You are far better men than I.

Thank you.
Health and peace and freedom to all.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Good to see folks remembering this day for something more than a day off from work. Ungrateful bastards we were becoming.

Dear ol' Dad: Airborne Ranger, II and Korea. His body suvived, but his head..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts