Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday while driving in stop and go traffic, i noticed alittle smoke from the front of my car. then i smelled coolant! so i got to a gas station just as the dash told me "low coolant" or whatever. i opened the hood and saw the last remaining drops of coolant trickle out of the radiator.

i went in and bought a gallon of coolant and poured a little in. it was coming out of the petcock area. i then noticed the end of the petcock sitting on the radiator support!

how does the petcock knob just fall off while driving? i havent ever touched the F'ing thing! when i changed the coolant about 3 weeks ago, i just removed the lower rad hose. the knob is actually broke off. im friggin stumped!:confused:

so i went to napa and dropped $238 for a new one last night. im sure i could have removed the part that is broke off and got a petcock from the junk yard, but decided to put a new one in.

anyone else experience something like this?

·
Registered
1998 Deville D'Elegance
133 Posts
Sounds like a classic case of either it got old and broke or someone screwed it up before you got the car (unless it's your car since new?) and rigged it until it unfortunatly happened to you. :hmm:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts