Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I own a 98 caddy seville,it almost has a 115000 miles on it. The average mile is 13.3 MPG,very low! I had the car tune up, including fuel filter,air filter,spark plug,spark plug wire,pvc valve,oil change, flush coolant and change,tranmission oil change, serpertine belt replace and also the throatle body clean. Any idea?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd check for a leak somewhere - that MPG seems well below what others have posted and what I get in my '92 - failing that I'd check the codes or get the ECU for the fuel injection checked out - something isn't functioning correctly.

We had a '90 Buick wagon five or six years ago - the MPG went from 22+ to about 12 - I discovered that one of the high pressure fuel lines (made out of plastic, routed along the inside of the rocker panels) had developed a small crack - took me about 20 minutes to replace the line once I got the new one - it wasn't "marking it's spot" - it only seemed to leak while the engine was running (and the fuel pump was energized) - I noticed it 'cause of a strong gas smell while I was idling at an ATM - at that moment I was glad I'd quit smoking!

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts