Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2003 CTS with ONE exhaust opening in the bumper. I know the 2004 has the same opening, but just two of them. Did any of you with the 04 do ANY cutting with the exhaust opening whatsoever to fit the V exhaust tips or do you just use your existing openings???? Does it line up properly, some body shops were telling me the hot tips might eventually melt the plastic if they are to close.
To anyone with a 2003 CTS with the V exhaust (i know theres a couple of you!) Did you just cut another exhaust opening identical to your factory one?? Nothing extra is required right as far as cutting goes???
Please let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Caddy Man said:
Did any of you with the 04 do ANY cutting with the exhaust opening whatsoever to fit the V exhaust tips or do you just use your existing openings????
I did! But not to fit the V tips..just to fit custom tips...

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Borla comes with instructions to cut the second hole, and a template that duplicates the existing hole on the drivers side. You can make your own template by tracing the drivers side hole on paper, using existing seams and creases as tie points. Flip it backwards and tape it to the passenger side. The hole will look factory if done right (bottom of page 4).

http://www.borla.com/media/installations/140032.pdf

Robert had to have his muffler mounts heated and bent slightly to allow clearance to the bumper on his 3.6 with factory dual exhaust.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
odysseus said:
Borla comes with instructions to cut the second hole, and a template that duplicates the existing hole on the drivers side. You can make your own template by tracing the drivers side hole on paper, using existing seams and creases as tie points. Flip it backwards and tape it to the passenger side. The hole will look factory if done right (bottom of page 4).

http://www.borla.com/media/installations/140032.pdf
but was the template just to cut the second hole?? so you could match it to the original??

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Yes. It basically duplicates a mirror image hole on the passenger side, like the 3.6L rear bumper. The template is very easy to make.

If you find the V exhaust sits too high and touches the bumper cover, you can easily trim it up to clear. I used masking tape (to protect the paint), a jigsaw, and a dremel to clean up the curves. Just remember, measure twice, cut once. Don't cut until you're satisfied of the measurements.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
There is no cutting of the bumper required for 2004 and up, the hangers need to be heated and pulled to drop the tips down slightly that is all

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
AsAkAs said:
There is no cutting of the bumper required for 2004 and up, the hangers need to be heated and pulled to drop the tips down slightly that is all
The 3.2 & 2.8 have single outlets and require cutting. The reason for heating the hangers is the V bumper is a bit different(I want one) and has a little bit more room.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts