Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
AWD CTS
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow enthusiast,

I am very fortunate to have a local Cadillac Dealership that prides itself on excellence.

I made a appointment for my scheduled maintenance for my pride and joy Red 2011 CTS AWD aka the “Cardiccadillac”

The dealership came and pick up and drop back off my car with their free in-house staffed Valet Service. Once they had possession of my ride to my surprise they sent me this video. I hope everyone can view it through the below link.

https://tvidnow.com/jywcZjO

Enjoy! I think it is great and represents their integrity and honesty .

nothing but up!

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,192 Posts
I'd tell them to get that cordless drill on a tool cart ASAP and stop smacking those dirty filters on my paint.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,854 Posts
What happened to fender covers? Fitzgerald Cadillac in Annapolis, MD uses them all the time.

Nice marketing touch, though. Sort of makes me wonder why you let the maintenance go as long as you did. Any hands-on gearhead would never let filters - or brake fluid - get that bad.

Brake fluid ??? Yep - the stuff LOVES water. Exchange it every 5 years.

How old is the engine coolant? :cool:

Brings back an old Navy saying, oft repeated during Friday Field Days (all hands extended cleanup) - "Clean her up and wash her right; For shine she must and run she might."

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,681 Posts
I'd tell them to get that cordless drill on a tool cart ASAP and stop smacking those dirty filters on my paint.
No kidding! This is why nobody touches any of my cars unless its for an otherwise very expensive warranty repair or something I don't have expensive tools for or competence to do. I understand they treat cars like that because it saves a little time and they probably treat their own cars that way and the majority of customers don't mind. So in that respect, nothing wrong with it at all for most owners.

·
Registered
AWD CTS
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is pretty awesome. Now you can decide if you want them to do it all or just flush your brakes and you swap out the filters.

Thank you I also thought. Just for the record and nay sayers. The car is inspected before it leaves and upon its return.

After the car is serviced the car is detailed inside and out prior to returning to their valued customer.

I reciprocate by giving the young them a gratuity out of respect. Some of these young people don’t get paid alot for what they and some people are never happy!

·
Registered
96 FWB
877 Posts
+1 on nice marketing touch. I bet dealerships got to be trying all kinds of new thinking to shore up diminished business.

But +100 on the videographic documentation of what appears to be some tardy (quote), "scheduled maintenance for my pride and joy". I couldn't quite tell whether the mech is just using a little shaming as a sales ploy, or if he's chastising for those neglected items. Maybe both.

It did remind me to flush the brakes in my garage queen. It gets only ~1,000 miles/yr., but notes say fluid hasn't been done since '12. I'll have to check what the current best DOT spec is.[/quote]

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,192 Posts
Thank you I also thought. Just for the record and nay sayers. The car is inspected before it leaves and upon its return.

After the car is serviced the car is detailed inside and out prior to returning to their valued customer.

I reciprocate by giving the young them a gratuity out of respect. Some of these young people don’t get paid alot for what they and some people are never happy!
I agree that one of the few good things to come from this pandemic is the ability to use video which demonstrates the need for services when people cannot physically be present.
There is no doubt that those filters were overdue for replacement and their respective housings in need of attention. The video clearly confirms that and puts the customer who doesn't service their own vehicle at ease that they are not being hammered with unnecessary charges. I believe this type of communication as a service practice will remain in effect long after the virus subsides.

However, presentation is EVERYTHING. Seeing those items on my vehicle in that manner would have soured my view on the type of treatment both myself and my vehicle should be given at a Cadillac dealership or any shop I choose to patronize.

My intent was not to be a naysayer-- I always enjoy reading your upbeat posts. I was merely pointing out some things as a consumer that definitely need some tweaking for customer retention and satisfaction. I'm glad that you are happy with your servicing dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts