Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium 4x4
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the 2015-1/2 Escalade in mid to late December. We waited for the updates with the surround view camera/8spd Trans as my wife isn't the best driver :) We live in Cleveland OH

We bought the first white premium that hit the lot and loved it for about 2 weeks. Since then issue after issue has happened and when we took it in for service they tell us parts might take 3 or more weeks to get. So I spent 90k along with another 1.5k for snow tires/rims (blizzaks) to get my wife the ultimate traction and instead she is driving an AWD SRX that is average at best in the snow. Only put 1500 miles on it. What a joke!

My issues:
-Drivers seat gets stuck in in easy exit position or one of the memory seat positions. My wife was stranded because she couldn't reach the pedals. Sometimes its got stuck in her memory position and I can't fit between the wheel and seat. My wife is tiny and I am not :(
-Sometimes the steering wheel adjusts and other times it doesn't work.
-Same for the pedal adjustments.
-OnStar doesn't work including Emergency button.
-GPS doesn't work.
-Tire Monitor Sevice doesn't work. I installed new sensors on the winter tires and they worked fine for a week or two and then the whole system shut down. Of course Cadillac says it not there issue because I changed tires, but tire ship confirmed all 4 sensors are working properly. Cadillac to "investigate".
-Rough idle, random hesitation
-Speed limit indicator which the wife loved no longer works

I am sure other things I haven't found as well.

Can someone point me in the direction of where or who I call to file an official complaint with Cadillac(GM). I know this isn't the Dealers fault and they have been OK so far, but I think that is going to change from the answers I got on Friday. Their service manager actually told me the OnStar and Seat modules that I need are on "National" backorder and that is "probably due to them needing those parts for NEW cars!" REALLY!!!

Anyone know at what point I can tell them I want my money back and how I go about it? Do I need legal rep or can I just file a case with GM? Car has been in shop over a week and expects to be in at least 3 more. They haven't even looked at any other issues except the seat and onstar.

I have been a gearhead my whole likfe and having electrical issues this early in ownership almost guarantees tons of future issues...

Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
2015 ESCALADE ESV 2015 CTS 2018 XT5. 2018 CT6
418 Posts
Cadillac can fix all that. The GPS/Onstar problem is the outside antenna getting water in it and failing, that affects speed limit indicator also. A few other owners have reported this and that part was backordered for them also.

On the seat movement, are you saying you can't get the seat to move at all manually? You will probably have to be in Park to move it manually. Even if the seat memory module was broke I can't believe you can't move it manually while in park.

If it's not bad gas, surely the rough idle is fixable if they can experience it for themselves.

Tire monitor system probably does have something to do with the winter tires and "new sensors". Is that GM brand sensors? Is it a different wheel than stock also?

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
The Cadillac Customer service in the forums will help assist you further.

Sorry to hear about the problems your experience.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cadillac can fix all that. The GPS/Onstar problem is the outside antenna getting water in it and failing, that affects speed limit indicator also. A few other owners have reported this and that part was backordered for them also.

On the seat movement, are you saying you can't get the seat to move at all manually? You will probably have to be in Park to move it manually. Even if the seat memory module was broke I can't believe you can't move it manually while in park.

If it's not bad gas, surely the rough idle is fixable if they can experience it for themselves.

Tire monitor system probably does have something to do with the winter tires and "new sensors". Is that GM brand sensors? Is it a different wheel than stock also?
Anyone have a time frame on how long it took them to get the OnStar module?

I AM saying that when the seat module fails the seat will NOT move at ALL no matter what. You have to either drive it as is or not at all. The buttons do not work and in the case of my wife I had to go get her because she couldn't reach the pedals.

Its not bad gas as we have been through 3 tanks of premium gas and it is more noticeable now than it was 2 weeks ago.

The sensors were tested and are working, but the Tire Monitor isn't working. They said they were going to reset it and see if it worked again. They are completely different rims and tires, but same OD. They are actually the same size as the spare since with winter tires I wanted more sidewall for ride comfort as well as cost.

Having all these issues so soon in ownership just isn't acceptable to me. Clearly the OnStar problem is an issue that should have been corrected at the factory for a 90k vehicle. Now my wife is in this SRX while I pay for my 90k Escalade. I understand its under warranty and they are going to fix it. I just don't find the time frame acceptable. 1 week is acceptable, 1 month (or longer) is NOT! I know Cadillac doesn't see the safety of my family the same as I do, but that's why I spend the money on winter tires. Traction is unbelievable and well worth the cost to me, but in my eyes they are at risk in a smaller vehicle with what "I" call a substandard tire for winter use. This just doesn't sit well with me!

----------

The Cadillac Customer service in the forums will help assist you further.

Sorry to hear about the problems your experience.
Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the GL550? I liked it better, but the wife liked the Escalade better. The Escalade is a extremely nice looking vehicle though.

One thing that surprised me (our first Cadillac) was that Mercedes and BMW would pick our vehicles up when/if we had issues as well as for service and we never spent close to the 90k I spent on the Escalade. My Dealer told me they "don't do anything like that" which for the price really didn't sit well with me.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
As one poster has said....Cadillac CAN fix all of this...I too have lost the OnStar and get the associated "loss of GPS" symbol so I suspect I will be waiting for the antenna assembly also. I am willing to wait for that because I will seldom ever use the OnStar system although I appreciate its "emergency functions"....but with my cell phone I can get ahold of whomever I need in an emergency until they get the OnStar back up. Now the seat module is another story.......that essentially makes vehicle undriveable and they SHOULD expedite the process of getting a replacement to your dealer.... month wait on that would NOT be acceptable to me, either!

With regard to the MB GL550..... I traded a 2013 GL450 for my new Escalade. I don't regret it....each has its advantages, but the Escalade Premium is outfitted the way I would want a GL550 to be outfitted for about 12K less than what I would have had to put out for the GL550.....my Caddy dealer includes 4yrs of scheduled service and inspections AND "pick up and deliver" for the vehicle ....the MB dealer will pick up and deliver but they do not cover service ( and that is very expensive !)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the seat issue makes it undriveable and they think they will have that fixed maybe next week.

I travel for work and I don't mind paying for safety so OnStar not working is a HUGE issue to me. I have 2 kids under the age of 4 that are obviously always with my wife. If my wife was in an accident and couldn't make a call with her phone and no one else was around then what...I know the percentages are against that but it is a possible scenario. That's why I like having OnStar and won't take the vehicle back until it's working 100%.

It's just frustrating...

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the GL550? I liked it better, but the wife liked the Escalade better. The Escalade is a extremely nice looking vehicle though.

One thing that surprised me (our first Cadillac) was that Mercedes and BMW would pick our vehicles up when/if we had issues as well as for service and we never spent close to the 90k I spent on the Escalade. My Dealer told me they "don't do anything like that" which for the price really didn't sit well with me.
Without trying to derail the thread,

It depends on how far you live from the dealerships. Some dealers does it , some don't. The Mercedes, however, doesn't come with free maintenance like Cadillac. BMW has the same thing. If you head to mbusa, and build a GL, the very last thing will show maintenance plan. Thats the only thing thats going to save your money, otherwise individual services range from 400-800 bucks per service.

The GL550, tbh, drives like a car. When comparing the Escalade and GL, the Escalade is a truck-based SUV based from the pickup truck platform. Powerwise, the 550 has 9 hp more but you won't feel that you are going fast unless you check the speed and finally realize that you are over speeding, which can be spooky. The Escalade, you will definitely know how fast you are going. Space wise, the GL feels a bit small. Pros about the GL550 is that it's great if you are working in a big city and parking is a issue. The GL fits in the spots fine. It's quick, thats because of the turbos. Cons: the maintenance plan and cost of service with out it, requires premium gas, price little to the expensive side, MBrace sucks, and finally the tires.

The tires will cord because of the double wishbone suspension. It happened in my last 2012 GL, it corded in the inside at 36k miles, nearly had an accident, lost over 2k to change all 4 tires and the alignment (yes it is not covered under warranty). The great thing about the Escalade the suspension is a MRC and Macphersion strut. The tires on my last 2008 Escalade went over 50k and still looking good.

IMO, I love the Escalade more because it's an all around vehicle if I want to do heavy cargo like large luggage, buy lots of groceries, or carrying a small tree to plant in my backyard. I like the GL550 for it's quickness and getting through traffic during the weekdays.

It will take some time to get your Escalade fixed. I am kinda suspicious of your dealer though. My dad's 2015 had an issue with the tailgate before they sold it to him, they promised to get it fixed less than a week. They did fix it and working great. They said they will pick the Escalade up and bring it back. My dad said no because he don't want anyone except him put the mileage.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
Yes, the seat issue makes it undriveable and they think they will have that fixed maybe next week.

I travel for work and I don't mind paying for safety so OnStar not working is a HUGE issue to me. I have 2 kids under the age of 4 that are obviously always with my wife. If my wife was in an accident and couldn't make a call with her phone and no one else was around then what...I know the percentages are against that but it is a possible scenario. That's why I like having OnStar and won't take the vehicle back until it's working 100%.

It's just frustrating...
'
Just stay on them, and like you say do not take it back until it's working as designed.

----------

I AM saying that when the seat module fails the seat will NOT move at ALL no matter what. You have to either drive it as is or not at all. The buttons do not work and in the case of my wife I had to go get her because she couldn't reach the pedals.

Its not bad gas as we have been through 3 tanks of premium gas and it is more noticeable now than it was 2 weeks ago.

The sensors were tested and are working, but the Tire Monitor isn't working. They said they were going to reset it and see if it worked again. They are completely different rims and tires, but same OD. They are actually the same size as the spare since with winter tires I wanted more sidewall for ride comfort as well as cost.

Having all these issues so soon in ownership just isn't acceptable to me. Clearly the OnStar problem is an issue that should have been corrected at the factory for a 90k vehicle. Now my wife is in this SRX while I pay for my 90k Escalade. I understand its under warranty and they are going to fix it. I just don't find the time frame acceptable. 1 week is acceptable, 1 month (or longer) is NOT! I know Cadillac doesn't see the safety of my family the same as I do, but that's why I spend the money on winter tires. Traction is unbelievable and well worth the cost to me, but in my eyes they are at risk in a smaller vehicle with what "I" call a substandard tire for winter use. This just doesn't sit well with me!

----------

GL has better build quality and is quieter, but if you need something to that tows the escalade would be a bit better, overall the escalade looks the best but the GL is a better vehicle.

·
Registered
2015 ESCALADE ESV 2015 CTS 2018 XT5. 2018 CT6
418 Posts
'

GL has better build quality and is quieter, but if you need something to that tows the escalade would be a bit better, overall the escalade looks the best but the GL is a better vehicle.
Sorry hannity but I have to disagree. The Escalade is just as quiet if not more quiet than a GL, after all that was Cadillac's goal to make the Escalade the most quiet vehicle in it's class. As for build quality I know my Escalade doesn't have any problems and the quality of the interior on my Kona Escalade is better than the GL, my opinion of course.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Sorry hannity but I have to disagree. The Escalade is just as quiet if not more quiet than a GL, after all that was Cadillac's goal to make the Escalade the most quiet vehicle in it's class. As for build quality I know my Escalade doesn't have any problems and the quality of the interior on my Kona Escalade is better than the GL, my opinion of course.
As a recent GL owner..... I agree......and while I don't like the fact that my OnStar system is dead, I know GL guys that had just as frustrating issues with new GL's. Much of the electronics in all of these vehicles are made by the Germans and/or Japanese .... some of that stuff can last forever OR die in the first 24 hours of run time! The real test for me will be how any issues I have are dealt with by my dealer.....corporate is corporate oriented , matters not if its Mercedes or GM.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
I have mbrace in my GLK and though it likes to be like onstar, it is not as good as onstar.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
blit184 said:
I found it to be very slow and clumsy to use.....an iPad with data access was faster!
That's true and they charge you more than a yearly MSN subscription!

·
Registered
15 Escalade Plat SC, 14 CTS VSport Prem, 15 Range Rover SC
679 Posts

----------

My dealer will. My Land Rover dealer will drive 2 hours to come pick up my Range Rover AND leave a loaner. Same people own the Cadillac and Land Rover dealer that I got my vehicles from. For a 90K customer, any good dealer will do that.

12,778 Posts
Hello bigdonk,

I sincerely apologize for the frustration caused by these issues with your Escalade so early into ownership. I understand how this situation would be disheartening and I would like to look into this from my end. I see you are currently working with your dealership, but if you could please PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealership name, and personal contact information, I can offer an additional layer of assistance during this process.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2015 Escalade Premium
5 Posts
Back to the initial issues - sometimes I have also noticed my seat with not go into programmed position when getting in car - but this is after the car has auto shut off (meaning was on acc or something like that when taking grocery out or listening to radio) - I noticed that you simply hit one of your programmed selections (1 or 2) and it will all go back into the appropriate position.

Sounds like you have a lot of issues, however.

I have 7K miles on my 15 (delivered in Sept) and I have had not one issue. I certainly use it as well - I tow a 3.5ton trailer in summer. I don't baby it whatsoever and it performs amazingly well.

I test drove and rented the GL's 450/550 and HATE them. They felt incredibly cheap to me. Also, they are a lot smaller and have lower towing capacity (though I'm guessing you don't need it). You get more "bang" for your buck with the escalade. And you cannot beat the 420hp engine. It is flawless. I had a nice "go" with a BMW 5 series today, and I think he was astounded I took him off the line (I'm originally from Boston, I think everyone is trying to race me. Don't judge me.).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts