Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS Turbo Premium Summer Gold
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been patiently waiting for the Verizon iPhone. It finally came out, and now I'm having a terrible time maintaining a consistent bluetooth connection for handsfree phone use. There appears to be no pattern of when my iPhone will be in connection or whether it will maintain connection (starts and stops during a car ride). I've tried my wife's Verizon iPhone - same problem - both our phones work fine in her Audi - it's not the phone that's the problem. My last phone (LG) worked fine in my CTS. I've been to the dealer twice, to Verizon, and talked with Apple. No one can solve the problem. Two questions:
1. Are others experiencing similar problems with their CTS and Verizon iPhone?
2. Has anyone figured out how to solve it.
Thank you - I really would appreciate some help.

·
Registered
Cadillac
14 Posts
I got my verizon Iphone the first day they were available through mail. My experience so far....inconsistancy. It pairs no problem and works extremely well when it works. It seems to work about 75% of the time. When it doesnt work I use the voice commands to dial... then instead of hearing the call through the car the radio comes on....but if I look at my phone the call is in progress but I cannot hear them but they can hear me. When that happens I disconnect the bluetooth and use the phone normally. FUnny thing I get out of the car go in the next day and its work perfectly....I dont get it...

Dean

·
Registered
2013 ATS Turbo Premium Summer Gold
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is just what I'm experiencing.... let's see if others can lend us a helping hand in resolving this.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I have a ViPhone as well and it connects up fine in my V about 90% of the time. About 1 in ten times, the BT connection fails. I am not worried, a software fix will happen sooner than later.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Happens in my wife's Enclave with her iphone 3G. Some bluetooth devices just don't play nice together. Fact of life.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD
49 Posts
Same problem here

I'm seeing the same thing here. Blackberry and Motorola Droid were fine in my '09 CTS. New Verizon iPhone seemed fine at first but it fails to connect the audio more often then not now. Calls still go through when dialing through the car's voice menus and the audio seems to connect for a split second then loses it requiring you to click speaker or handset on the phone to continue the call. Seems to a handshaking problem when connecting the audio. I've been looking for bluetooth setting on either the car or iphone but neither seems to have any. This is very frustrating and disappointing. Without a near term solution the phone is going to have to go :(

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD
49 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any factory bluetooth software upgrades available for the CTS? Not sure if GM ever does this, but perhaps there's newer software that would solve the issue.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
How many iphones are there out there? 100 million? I doubt they are going to offer a bluetooth fix for the 1000 or so iphone users who are having trouble with their CTS. In my experience, tech manufacturers only fix something if they are forced to :lol: But, it doesn't hurt to send them feedback.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD
49 Posts
iPhone disabled vehicle

This Verizon iPhone bluetooth glitch actually killed my car battery disabling the vehicle. I know this sounds ridiculous but it's true. The phone was working with the bluetooth audio in the car about 80% of the time, so I was limping by. After receiving a call via call waiting, it starting ringing through the car audio but lost the car audio and the ringing did not stop after answering the call. After turning off the car, it was still ringing in the car. I figured it would stop when the cars computer shut down within the hour but I guess it rang all night since the battery was too weak to start the vehicle in the morning. Roadside assistance gave me a jump and the battery has been fine since.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
that happens in my enclave from time to time. it will bluetooth ring, but answering the call sends it to the iphone, and the car keeps ringing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts