Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Stealth Gray stock (unmodded and happy this way)
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I am here I thought I'd give Cadillac Customer Care a try through a new thread. I have not yet been to a Cadillac dealer but that is coming as I have discovered none of the most recent recalls have been done.

I purchased a 2005 CTS-V back in January (2015). Unfortunately I did not purchase it from a Cadillac dealer and I was not able to get very much information about this car. I absolutely love this car but my experience with the dealer was... lacking... a lot of things that could have made the purchase better. Anyway back to my original request...

On my most recent onstar monthly diagnostic report I learned my car might have what appears to be a manufacturer extended warranty. All I know is that it expires in March of 2016 at 120,032 miles. Otherwise I know nothing else. The disappointing part is I just had a remanufactured rack and pinion gear installed. Although the dealer sold me an extended warranty the warranty company refused to cover the repair as no repair involving a leak is covered. So... I paid $1500... After the car being laid up for over a month because this particular part is no longer available through GM. Well that is according to the repair facility... But nonetheless... I just want to verify if there is such a warranty on my car and, if so, what does it cover and are there deductibles.

Also, as I already mentioned, the most recent recalls from 2014-2015 have not been completed (ignition switch, brake lines and fuel pump) but I have discovered two older recalls that might pertain to my car. I have no idea if they were completed if, in fact, they were applicable to my car. Both recalls seem to affect 2005-2007 CTS vehicles. The recalls are:

Report Receipt Date: DEC 17, 2010
NHTSA Campaign Number: 10V644000
Component(s): AIR BAGS
SUMMARY:
GENERAL MOTORS IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2005-2007 CADILLAC CTS VEHICLES. SOME OF THESE VEHICLES HAVE A CONDITION IN WHICH REPEATED FLEXING OF THE PASSENGER SENSING SYSTEM MAT IN THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT MAY CAUSE THE MAT TO KINK, BEND, OR FOLD. THIS FLEXING CAN BREAK THE CONNECTIONS IN THE MAT. IF THIS OCCURS, THE SENSOR MAY NOT DETECT THE PRESENCE OF A FRONT SEAT PASSENGER AND WILL DISABLE THE AIR BAG.

I am interested in this recall as the Driver Information Center displays a "Service Airbag" message and the light on the instrument panel is illuminated. This condition has also appeared on my most recent onstar diagnostic and that report indicates the passenger sensing system could be faulty. Also, I have had passengers in the front passenger seat and the indicator on the rear view mirror displays "passenger airbag off".

Report Receipt Date: DEC 20, 2007
NHTSA Campaign Number: 07V589000
Component(s): POWER TRAIN
SUMMARY:
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE REAR AXLE PINION SEAL DOES NOT MEET ALL OF THE SPECIFICATIONS AND MAY EXPERIENCE A FLUID LEAK.

I am interested in this recall as I believe the selling dealer serviced either the differential or driveshaft after I noticed a clunking sound from the rear of the car. When the car was delivered to me there was no clunking sound. Surprisingly yet pleasingly I have not noticed any fluid leaks from my car so I would suppose this seal is in good condition.

I appreciate whatever information you could find for me. I would like to have as much knowledge as possible before I schedule these services with a Cadillac dealer. I supposed you'd need my VIN: 1G6DN56S850132300

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found some further information. I was able to access my warranty tracker on the Cadillac website. The warranty I refer to is called "Special Coverage 10420". I would imagine this was offered by Cadillac or General Motors. I just have no idea what it is.

12,778 Posts
Since I am here I thought I'd give Cadillac Customer Care a try through a new thread. I have not yet been to a Cadillac dealer but that is coming as I have discovered none of the most recent recalls have been done.

I purchased a 2005 CTS-V back in January (2015). Unfortunately I did not purchase it from a Cadillac dealer and I was not able to get very much information about this car. I absolutely love this car but my experience with the dealer was... lacking... a lot of things that could have made the purchase better. Anyway back to my original request...

On my most recent onstar monthly diagnostic report I learned my car might have what appears to be a manufacturer extended warranty. All I know is that it expires in March of 2016 at 120,032 miles. Otherwise I know nothing else. The disappointing part is I just had a remanufactured rack and pinion gear installed. Although the dealer sold me an extended warranty the warranty company refused to cover the repair as no repair involving a leak is covered. So... I paid $1500... After the car being laid up for over a month because this particular part is no longer available through GM. Well that is according to the repair facility... But nonetheless... I just want to verify if there is such a warranty on my car and, if so, what does it cover and are there deductibles.

Also, as I already mentioned, the most recent recalls from 2014-2015 have not been completed (ignition switch, brake lines and fuel pump) but I have discovered two older recalls that might pertain to my car. I have no idea if they were completed if, in fact, they were applicable to my car. Both recalls seem to affect 2005-2007 CTS vehicles. The recalls are:

Report Receipt Date: DEC 17, 2010
NHTSA Campaign Number: 10V644000
Component(s): AIR BAGS
SUMMARY:
GENERAL MOTORS IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2005-2007 CADILLAC CTS VEHICLES. SOME OF THESE VEHICLES HAVE A CONDITION IN WHICH REPEATED FLEXING OF THE PASSENGER SENSING SYSTEM MAT IN THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT MAY CAUSE THE MAT TO KINK, BEND, OR FOLD. THIS FLEXING CAN BREAK THE CONNECTIONS IN THE MAT. IF THIS OCCURS, THE SENSOR MAY NOT DETECT THE PRESENCE OF A FRONT SEAT PASSENGER AND WILL DISABLE THE AIR BAG.

I am interested in this recall as the Driver Information Center displays a "Service Airbag" message and the light on the instrument panel is illuminated. This condition has also appeared on my most recent onstar diagnostic and that report indicates the passenger sensing system could be faulty. Also, I have had passengers in the front passenger seat and the indicator on the rear view mirror displays "passenger airbag off".

Report Receipt Date: DEC 20, 2007
NHTSA Campaign Number: 07V589000
Component(s): POWER TRAIN
SUMMARY:
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE REAR AXLE PINION SEAL DOES NOT MEET ALL OF THE SPECIFICATIONS AND MAY EXPERIENCE A FLUID LEAK.

I am interested in this recall as I believe the selling dealer serviced either the differential or driveshaft after I noticed a clunking sound from the rear of the car. When the car was delivered to me there was no clunking sound. Surprisingly yet pleasingly I have not noticed any fluid leaks from my car so I would suppose this seal is in good condition.

I appreciate whatever information you could find for me. I would like to have as much knowledge as possible before I schedule these services with a Cadillac dealer. I supposed you'd need my VIN: 1G6DN56S850132300

Hello kbraniff,

After searching your VIN, I discovered that the extended coverage you’re inquiring about is the Special Coverage 10420, which you had mentioned in your next post. This special coverage is for repeated flexing of the passenger sensing system mat, which can cause the mat to kink, bend, or fold (which could eventually break the connections in the mat). The special coverage is there to offer cost assistance should this concern arise within the parameters you listed in this post. Along with this Special Coverage, there are 3 open recalls on your 2005 CTS-V. Your local Cadillac dealership will be able to take care of these recalls, as well as provide any additional information you may need.

I would be more than happy to set up an appointment on your behalf, to do so please send us a private message with your contact information, mileage, and preferred dealer. I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Julie C
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much Julie. I'm pretty certain the three open recalls are the most recent ones. I am also so happy I can get assistance with the airbag condition too. I love this car and it is my daily ride so I want it in good mechanical order. Currently I am having some maintenance services completed so within the next week or so I will have the car ready for the recall services. I will be sure to contact you for appointment assistance. Again thank you for your assistance.

12,778 Posts
Thank you so much Julie. I'm pretty certain the three open recalls are the most recent ones. I am also so happy I can get assistance with the airbag condition too. I love this car and it is my daily ride so I want it in good mechanical order. Currently I am having some maintenance services completed so within the next week or so I will have the car ready for the recall services. I will be sure to contact you for appointment assistance. Again thank you for your assistance.
Hello kbraniff,

You’re very welcome! We’re so glad to hear that you love you your vehicle, and we’re here to do what we can to keep it that way. I hope your maintenance services go as planned, and I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Julie C
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts