Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2015 Escalade with heated/cooled front seats. I have researched in the Owner's Manual and in the Internet but cannot find a definite answer for the following question: are the cooled seats only ventilated? In other words, is there only a fan running with no accompanying engagement of the AC compressor?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
If my escalade hybrid would be a basis, it more than just ventilated seats, it pretty cooled seats.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
Unfortunately, GM/Cadillac changed the system for the 2015s. :(

My 2011 would practically freeze your backside during the hottest of summer days. On my 2015, the fan makes a lot of noise, but no cooling. Fortunately the seat heat works decently.

·
Registered
'15 ESV, '12 CTS
126 Posts
It is one of three features that Cadillac advertises as existing, but does not. I personally find it unbelieveable that they would declare the vehicle to have A) ventilated seats, when they do nothing but make noise B) have an active noise cancellation system when there are no perceptible effects and C) a microphone icon that was supposed to be for texting and/or phone voice pass-through but can't be made to work. Additionally, they provided the vehicle with an Easy-exit system, but no way to get back into it except by manually holding the memory controls each time you get back into it; quite a step backward.

I love driving it but smart people wait for the '16

·
Registered
2015 ESCALADE ESV 2015 CTS 2018 XT5. 2018 CT6
418 Posts
Technically the seats in the Escalade are cooled. There is a little electric heat exchanger air conditioner in each front seat. That's why it blows hot air out the bottom and out those little vents up high on back of the seats. Some hot days mine work great and get cold enough to make me turn them off, but once in awhile I swear they don't kick on properly. Previous generation definitely has the new design beat.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade ESV (sold), 2015i Escalade (sold)
26 Posts
As i was told from the dealership the seats are only ventilated and no longer have AC passing through the seats. The "idea" was that since the air in the cabin would be cooled that passing that cooled air through the seat would be enough. I haven't gone through a summer yet so I can speak to the effectiveness of this new system.

·
Registered
2015 ESCALADE ESV 2015 CTS 2018 XT5. 2018 CT6
418 Posts
As i was told from the dealership the seats are only ventilated and no longer have AC passing through the seats. The "idea" was that since the air in the cabin would be cooled that passing that cooled air through the seat would be enough. I haven't gone through a summer yet so I can speak to the effectiveness of this new system.
Isn't it amazing some dealers don't know what they are talking about. I assure you what I said above is right. On Cadillac.com on the Escalade page it says "Cooled front seats".

----------

They are ventilated seats. Fan air passes through them to cool.
Why am I not surprised you are wrong on this reply.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
My seats in my Platinum are definitely called somehow.
Even with AC in Car off the seats are cool.
My salesman said they have a separate mini AC unit independent of the car's AC.
But this is also the same salesman that said I would have Heated and Cooled cup holders and FLEX Fuel.

Have a 2015 Escalade with heated/cooled front seats. I have researched in the Owner's Manual and in the Internet but cannot find a definite answer for the following question: are the cooled seats only ventilated? In other words, is there only a fan running with no accompanying engagement of the AC compressor?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts