Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I start typing, it was too dark for my crappy camera to take pictures last night. I will have pics posted later today.

Shifter: The UUC shifter is amazing compared to stock. I love it! Can't believe I left it sitting soooo long. Big thanks to all those who did write ups and added to all those write ups. :thumbsup: I used the from the top method and didnt drop the exhaust or anything. Only took me about 3 hours total to have the car off the stands and on the road.

Wheels: got them back from the body shop this afternoon after being painted satin black (wanted to do paint first to see what color I liked). They look great IMHO. Thank you 814V for the idea. They are wrapped in 265/40/18 Goodyear Fioranos. Gonna lower it soon.

Fog Lenses: These were the YGMS lenses sold right before he vanished. I love the look. But the black never ends. Now I gotta do the grille and reverse lights.

New Shift Knob: .............cost me $104 (i think) from Luke. Took about 5 minutes to make it fit our car and looks amazing compared to the stock knob without having to pay 23847839732 dollars for an aftermarket. No performance enhancement there but I like visual mods too.

Pics coming. I must say after these little things getting done this week on the V I can't wait to tackle more. I can't afford the new axles but I can finally try to bolt up my KARS kit.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
09 V Shift Knob

Vecstasy Style Lenses

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
more of the 09 knob! i fcking like that!!!! is it the sWaide knob?

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I likey the new shift knob

car looks badass too but needs a drop bad to cover up those wheel wells
the drop is coming. a little low on funds at the moment but its coming.

more of the 09 knob! i fcking like that!!!! is it the sWaide knob?
Its not the SUWADE knob, but it has a perforated leather in the front. Just something a little different. I can't get a picture that really shows all the great detail of it. There was a post of the 09 interior in here somewhere that showed it well and gave me the idea. Now I want the little baby V emblem on the bottom of the steering wheel in the new V's.

Yes I know the interior is dirty, but it has been in my shop for a week.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
I love the V2 shift knob. What exactly did you have to do to make it work with the UUC shifter stalk? Please inform! :D

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I did was stretch the leather away from the actuall V2 knob and then the same to my stocker. Then I was able to stretch the leather on my stock shifter boot around the V2 knob and just pop it in place. The V2 knob mounts exactly the same as the V1 its just connected to a different shifter boot. I hope thats not too confusing. If it is I can take pics of the process tomorrow. It's really easy and I still have the V2 shifter boot and V1 knob sitting in my shop.

Oh and thanks for the compliments guys.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Looks real good. I'm sure youre wearing your tee shirt while taking those pics!

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HAHA. I probably would have been but the girl friend kid napped it.

Wearing it as a night shirt. I bought her her own but apparently that wasnt good enough

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
....If it is I can take pics of the process tomorrow.
:thumbsup:

I love that knob! I'm almost glad I didn't go with the GTO knob now. This might have just moved up my list :bonkers:

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
Is the v2 knob noticably heavier than the v1 knob as some say that you need a weighted knob for best results on short shifter.

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
luke.... how much for a swaid one?????????? i have the uuc leather one now but for some reason every girl loves touching it and wants to sit on it... lol

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
sounds good luke... might have to check it out... im brandon from jersey by the way i finally got the money up for what we had talked about so will be calling you in the next few days...

do you have a pic of the swaid ones by any chance?

·
Registered
05 CTS-V / 06 Escalade
1,059 Posts
I am FAMOUS!!!!
LOL!!! Its just the "style" of lens... There is no "vecstasy" place.

The lens's were purchased from a Vendor that Disappeared with a bunch of peoples money. :mad2:

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
V2 Knob is sick!!! makes the holden knob look kinda plain.. not a bad price..

lol
vecstacy style = sex

1 - 20 of 65 Posts