Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body got a passenger side sun visor in working order. maybe in red...…….. hopefully. if not i'll take what you have...…… maybe .

have more requests, lets start with this one for now. mine is a 92 allente. thinking any year would be the same fit

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm in the good ole U S of A............ who might have a visor with the vanity mirror i can order. as well as a few other small parts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it seems " allente source " has a lot of allente parts. not sure if he has everything in stock. but in looking at his web site, this is a good place to start. he's in west palm beach fla
if any body needs his phone number i'll post it. realizing giving out phone numbers is not such a good idea on this forum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep............... found their web site. will most likely use them soon. thanks for the tip

·
Registered
1992 Allante Black / Beige
92 Posts
Allante Source has quite a supply of donor cars. If he doesn’t have a red visor he might be able to repair yours.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,782 Posts
May be a bit busy right now, has some weather coming in. (Believe it or don't but part of the reason I live in Orlando (far west side) is because it is 70 miles to the coast. Growing up I got tired of watching things rust.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
on the passenger side under the front of the grill are two posts. both test positive. does any body know if these two connect directly to the battery. i want to hook up a float charger to the battery. as you know the battery is hidden behind the passenger seat. i don't want the float charger to be charging the electrical system, rather than the battery. don't know if the 92 allente is any different from other years. any suggestions would be helpful

·
Registered
1992 Allante Black / Beige
92 Posts
The post closest to the front of the car is the positive. I ground my battery tender to the bolt at the power steering bracket.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i checked both posts............ both show positive. when i hooked up the charger it took a very long time to bring the battery up to 12.8 volts. it never did shut down, the reason i'm thinking one of these posts may not be directly connected to the battery.......but the starter.........altenator..............or relay. i've asked for a wiring diagram, so far the allente store has not replied.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks again mr padgett. the drawing was helpful. i'll try again with the charger. the voltage is ok at the battery.......... just needs a boost to keep the charge up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts