Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I received this quote from my dealership after one of my lifters failed, was wondering if anyone has had any luck with cadillac helping out with the bill, i know theres a class action lawsuit but who knows when and if thatll pass.

2015 escalade 90k miles,

heres the quote

The engine needs to be taken apart to determine exact damage.

$3501.00+tax for 1 bank of lifters. That would be if the camshaft is not damaged.

$4836.00+tax for lifters on both banks of the engine. That would be if camshaft is not damaged.

$8202.00+tax if cam shaft is damaged. That price includes lifters.

·
Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
2,625 Posts
Isin't a whole new engine ~ 6 -8 K ? not from the dealer....

·
Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
2,625 Posts
installed? i would go down that rabbit hole, lifters and Cams and replacing them can be tricky...i have always been a fan of the whole caboodle not onezie twozie .....but thats just me..... it all depends on the lifter lobe, if its jacked its gonna probably eat up a new one

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
installed? i would go down that rabbit hole, lifters and Cams and replacing them can be tricky...i have always been a fan of the whole caboodle not onezie twozie .....but thats just me..... it all depends on the lifter lobe, if its jacked its gonna probably eat up a new one
yeah, i think thatll be the route i go thank you

·
Premium Member
2008 Escalade Sport, 2018 Escalade Luxury & 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE
2,368 Posts
I paid $5100 for a engine replacement for my 2008 Escalade last year with new plugs, wires and headers. The shop did a excellent job. I don’t know if the 2015 and up engine is more but it was a 6.2.

·
Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
2,625 Posts
hey xx.. just shop around ok, good mom and pops can do this for cheaper - and you build a relationship.....the dealer usually does not give a rats' puttie about you , they want to sell you a new car ( in my opinion)

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Luxury 2005 CTS V6
55 Posts
I paid $5100 for a engine replacement for my 2008 Escalade last year with new plugs, wires and headers. The shop did a excellent job. I don’t know if the 2015 and up engine is more but it was a 6.2.
SO you are not sure if engine for 2015 Escalade would be more than engine for 2008 ?

·
Premium Member
2008 Escalade Sport, 2018 Escalade Luxury & 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE
2,368 Posts
SO you are not sure if engine for 2015 Escalade would be more than engine for 2008 ?
I am guessing they are the same specs. The place was called destroyer auto in riverside ca ask for Robert and tell him he did the work for Stephan from chino hills with the 2008 Escalade back in June 2021 and has a little girl named Avery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts