Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Fleetwood, 87 and 90 Brougham, 94 Fleetwood
215 Posts
There is no provision for adjustment on these engines. If you have vakve noise, you will need to trace the scource. Start by removing the rocker covers and inspecting the rockers and bridges for excessive wear.

Mike

·
Registered
1990 Sedan Deville
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What if the heads were removed and then put back on without adjusting? What kind of problems will that cause? How hard would it be to fix that?

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,723 Posts
The valve lifters are hydraulic, and adjust themselves. Unless you had the heads milled and didn't use shims or the correct thickness head gasket to compensate, you should be fine! What is the problem you are having with your valvetrain?

·
Registered
1990 Sedan Deville
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I guess nothing is seriously wrong with the valvetrain. I was just wondering if the heads could be put on without any adjustments. the problems Im having is that the car bogs down alot. I have a 4.5 from an 88 deville. the tube going into the O2 sensor(I think its the O2 sensor) is split in half. I wonder if I should replace that and see where that gets me. Anyone know where to get that part on the net? Oh yeah, the heads were not milled or anything they were just taken off and then put on with a new gasket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts