Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
The vendors sure do have some nice ones though, pricy, but way cooler than anything Edelbrock or Mickey Thompson has put out.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
they wont fit.

don't get the cheap $25 chrome valve covers on ebay.

the best options would be to just clean up the factory valve covers and repaint them (thats what I did)

or, if you find a pair of 50's valve covers from, say the 390, they say Cadillac on them, one of the vendors (MTS?) sells the adapter plate to bolt them onto the big blocks.... very cool!

or just save up and get the fancy valve covers... if I ever get anything else, it's gonna say Cadillac on it :)

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Schrader's was selling adapters for 390/429 valve covers and someone had some adapters that would allow the use of Ford 460 valve covers.....not sure who sells them though.
Potter has an aluminum valve cover that's pretty nice. I'm thinking of getting a set to replace the cheap chrome set that I have now.

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
I got some of the cheap $20 from Summit when I ordered a lot of my crap temporarily (stockers are dented). It seems they arent big enough to fit Potters shaft rocker setup :)

So I guess I'll just "shape" them temporarily until I can cough up the $$ for some of the beautiful covers from one of the vendors.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
As far as the cheap chinese ones that are like $25 on eBay or summit... as terrible one already pointed out they're too small for most non-stock rockers. Some have been reported to not have a baffle over the PCV filter hole so oil can get up on the filter, this isn't a big issue to fix though. Then again I have seen a pair that were cheap but looked slightly different that did have a baffle.

Oh, and Flash/CadCo sells extra thick valve cover gaskets to help with clearance... might help you fit those rockers in there T1.

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
I've seen the valve cover gaskets when searching CadCo, etc. I may go ahead and order them with my headers, worth a try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts