Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So i went to do the valve covers and i cant get them off due to hitting on the intake. I have the upper intake plenum off...the one with the logo on it. what are your suggestions. i dont want to get into the whole fuel line issue so does anybody have any ideas how i can do this without disconnecting fuel lines? if so please enlighten me.
Thank you

ps. this is an 03 3.2 liter.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
You aren't taking that plenum off without removing the fuel lines on the passenger side IMO

·
Registered
CTS
45 Posts
Valve cover gaskets are a pain, the worst part is the right side ECM bracket. Do yourself a favor and remove everything in your way. Battery, hood strut and fuel rail. The rail is only two clips anyway. Also most CTS valve cover bolts are loose so I would use a bit of blue loctite.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
to change the driver side valve cover do you have to take off the intake manifold??? damn i hope not but it sounds like it.
i didnt realize the fuel rail and all that had to come off too.....

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
to change the driver side valve cover do you have to take off the intake manifold??? damn i hope not but it sounds like it.
i didnt realize the fuel rail and all that had to come off too.....
yeah i'm pretty sure you do. the fuel rail and all that bracket nonsense on the passenger side is a PITA. I removed it just to do spark plugs and it made my life easier. I would suggest removing it to do valve covers FOR SURE.

·
Registered
2003 3.2 CTS Luxury Sport
60 Posts
When i had mine done....i took out the whole intake, just for room...and fuel lines. My car was in peices, but since i wasnt too familiar with the car yet, I just took everything apart to be safe. Wasnt to bad. I also had to do my thermostat at the same time.....that was a PAIN!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts